Le parc camping Montpellier - large pitches? (1 Viewer)

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
We are supposed to be heading to le parc camping in montpellier today and when I spoke to the receptionist she was unable to say whether we would find a pitch big enough. Our Mhome is 8.75m and we have a 5m trailer with small car. Has anyone been to this site - are we best looking elsewhere?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Up date :

As you don't seem to be looking at answers right now (may be just not online anymore even if showing on as I'm typing) I just took on me to find the answer.
I phoned, and obviously the person you had either didn't get your question, or just didn't know what to answer.
I had the owner who told me NO! First it's a tad big (without trailer) for the size of their pitches, but second and mainly too many trees and uneasy access for you to be able to manoeuvre with such a motorhome , let alone with a trailer.
So deffo you have to find another place , you can't get in.

Hope this helps , and ..... in time!

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I'm going to try to find a suitable place for you to park. For this I have to wait till the Syndicat d'Initiative opens, which is not before 9.30 french time.
If you think you might not be able to connect again, after reading this post that is, then please send me your mobile number in a PM (upper toolbar, click on Inbox, then click on "start a new conversation" with yodeli)
It doesn't mean they'll be able to give me a proper answer, but at least if they give me a place to park you'll be sure Police won't ask you to move.

OP
OP
N

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
Thank you so much. I wI'll be able to connect again.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Just had the Syndicat so here are the infos I got, will have to carry on and phone the different OPEN campsites I was given the names;

15 kms away from Montpeliier is an aire at Villeneuve La Maguelone , with (said the lady) all you need for a motorhome, so dump water and EU . (Will check thought just in case)

Then Campsites:1) L'Eden 2) next to L'Eden is Le Petit Camargais, 3) She didn't say whether it was near the 2 first ones is Le Lac Des Rêves. This last one is mainly for Bungalows to rent, but it is very large and a call to ask might be worth a try. So I will phone them as well

Lastly if I can't find a positive answer I will phone the "hotel de Police" to ask them where you can park whithout being told to move at no time.

I'll try to give you all the answers very quickly (before yelling baby starts her song that is! :rolleyes:)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Bad news I'm afraid , the young lady I had (Syndicat d'Initiative)was obviously not aware of these campsites' actual problems.
They have been recently flooded and therefore are not allowed to open at the moment! That said ... with the rain we're having at the moment, it's far safer for you to know this before parking there!!!

So best option is to go on the Aire!

I'll give a call to ask if it's not under the same statement (floods)

Gosh .. this is not going to be easy for you today!

OP
OP
N

NeilEmma

Free Member
Oct 31, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Arapaho
Exp
September 2016
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this. I'm thinking we should just stay put for now or perhaps travel a bit further up the Spanish coast. I've just been looking at those sites they looked great too.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Right, now the Aire!
The Aire is nice , and has all the services and is open.

1) your card won't work, make sure you have change
2) they are going to come and help you as their pitch don't go over 10 metres long
3)Here is the phone number of the person in charge of the aire: 0033673488666
If you feel like you can call once you arrived , fine.If not, text me as soon as you arrived and I will tell them you're there
4) You'll probably have to undo(? sorry don't know the word for that) your trailer, they will help you with this too. edit.. unhook may be is the word?

5) Police will be advised so they don't tell you off (lol!)

You'll be both safe and helped there, so just go, and relax!
Any prob , you now have my mobile number, give a shout,I won't be far!:);):cool:

EDIT : just in case anyone would be interested in that aire. The change is not to be used in a machine, but to be able to ask motorhomers on the aire to help with their card. You can also use the number given to ask the people to come and help, or you can go to the Mairie if you're not 13 metres long...lol !

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Right, now the Aire!
The Aire is nice , and has all the services and is open.
2) they are going to come and help you as their pitch don't go over 10 metres long

Looking at this google pic, I don't think their pitches go over 7.5m, but that doesn't stop people parking, as half of them in this pic are well over their pitch. I think maybe they marked the pitches out wrong. Looks a nice spot.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@43.5288743,3.869007,91m/data=!3m1!1e3

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
From the comments I read you can cycle around to nice places, I understood city centre wasn't far away, so all in all not too bad. As for the pitches I guess some only are 10 metres. Also , I've seen where they want people to have their trailers. There's a virtual visit (short one) of the aire. May be worth to bookmark when going that way!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Frankie you are a star!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun