Le Mans classic (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
I am seeking any advice on campsites for this years Le Mans classic event. We want to stay within walking distance and have guests arriving by classic car who will be sleeping in the attached tent so need a suitable campsite. Grateful for any info or experiences.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am seeking any advice on campsites for this years Le Mans classic event. We want to stay within walking distance and have guests arriving by classic car who will be sleeping in the attached tent so need a suitable campsite. Grateful for any info or experiences.

Have a look at www.beermountain.com - all of the info you will need and more! Cheers Rob

A great link already given above, do not expect camping in the normal sense, I have been 6 times in the past 12 years, circuit camping is hectic to say the least

I presume from your post you have not been before, that worries me

You are allocated a fairly small pitch make sure you can fit your MH awning tent and extra car, you may need 3 or even 4 pitches

Electrics are virtually non existent and where they are it is a free for all with fighting over sockets, never seen so much gaffer tape on a EHU post

Toilets are much better than they were, but don't expect much and definitely expect to queue

Do not expect to sleep due to noise mainly, then fear of your outfit being hit by the enormous fireworks that get let off within the campsites:Eeek:

This is a noisy boys weekend, not too sure I would be happy taking a decent classic car without a lot thought to where we were going to stay / store it

For me it has lost the appeal, but I am now older and more 'sensible'!!

Good luck, but do keep seeking and taking advice :thumb:

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
There are fewer campsites open at the track for the classic than there are for the 24 hour race, but look on Beermountain, Pistonheads and Club Arnage web sites and you should get a better idea of what is available.

Not been to the classic (yet) but go to the 24 hour race every year....great party if nothing else :thumb:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I might have mistaken your reference to classic

I thought you meant the 24 hour event which many would claim is a classic

The Classic Car event no doubt will be somewhat more 'controlled' ::bigsmile:

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
The Classic (runs every 2nd year) is much more reserved than the annual Le Mans event - If you are into classics forget Goodwood and do the LM Classic.

I am up possibly up for this in 2014 - if any other Funsters are up for it. Jim - how about it ?? !! Another event. Cheers Rob.

OP
OP
T
Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks for your advice and the link to beermountain website. I have just had a quick look and there is even a forum discussion on the lm classic 2014. I do need however to register which I will do in a moment. I live 5 min from goodwood and have been to a number of the revival events plus silverstone classic but this will be my first trip to Le Mans.
Cheers

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The classic is a much more relaxed affair, but still very popular. For the event itself there are 6 grids, which then race during the 24 hours.

We have used 1st Tickets Broken Link Removed

They do the event with Piston Heads (free online board group) and can offer various self drive options.

We met up with some people who were using Broken Link Removed where they operate a shuttle bus service. Away from the circuit, but less hassle.

Broken Link Removed

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Just had my tickets confirmed. Maison Blanc campsite. YIPPEE:shout:

Big thanks to HIGHWAYMAN (Nigel & Sheree) for the ticket/camping advice.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.