LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just posted a Totally informal meet at le Mans 24hr race 2010 anybody interested???

Which one of course - you are in the midst of a load of bikers.

Though even as a biker I have to admit the short circuit one is not the real one.

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Certainly Not sure if I am going in 2010 but would be intrested in meeting fellow Funsters if I do. Would like to camp on Houx but won't be booking until the New Year
Sid

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Come on fellow Motorhomers lots of you must be interested in Le Mans 2010 express an interest, no commitment its totally informal ( I am also keeping this post going- as it has gone off screen):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry::cry::cry::cry::thanks2::thanks2:

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
le mans

Come on fellow Motorhomers, express an interest, no commitment at all, lets just see who is interested???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
Just posted a Totally informal meet at le Mans 24hr race 2010 anybody interested???

I would normally be interested but the 24hr Classic is this year . Runs every 2 yrs and well worth it in my opinion 9th to 11th July . Usually costs 10 euros to camp in the main car park for the whole Weekend with toilets washing facility's and fresh water .:thumb:

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Lets have some more interest fellow motorhomers I know there are plenty out there!!! You can bring ere indoors with you, plenty of retail therapy in Le Mans City only a short tramway ride away dirt cheap to use.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can bring ere indoors with you, plenty of retail therapy in Le Mans City only a short tramway ride away dirt cheap to use.

Jesus wept - you really have blown it now Big Time. Do you think we are all clinically insane ?

It appears that it is not as popular as you thought. I think it's like F1, now so commercial it's lost it's Fun + Sport element.

I think there is a difference with bike sport, yes it's got professional and expensive but the riders have never lost the "we are doing this mainly for the fun" element. And the same applies to the bikers watching it.

About 40 years ago I was in church for a wedding and someone muttered "I didn't know Brian was deaf". "He not, he's listening to Le Mans". It was *something* then. It was on TV every hour on the hour for the whole race. Not any more.

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
As a petrol-head on 2 and 4 wheels, I think the main event is great and I used to go with 'the lads' every year (even though it often lands on my wedding anniversary!!!- what an understanding wife, eh?) but it has got to be very very commercial and possibly spoilt by the nutters that are attending now, many of whom don't even seem to bother going to see the race!

That said I might be interested when next year comes around, though I have been to every classic and that seems to still have much of the relaxed atmostphere and appeal of old '24 Heures du Mans'.

So, I will be deciding a litle closer to the summer which event i will attend (and no I can't do both.....I've got a business to run as well).

David

PS if anyone is interested in classic racing, the Silverstone Classic in July is a great event (though got a bit expensive last year)

S

stagman

Deleted User
[

That said I might be interested when next year comes around, though I have been to every classic and that seems to still have much of the relaxed atmostphere and appeal of old '24 Heures du Mans'.

The Classic is fantastic as far as I am concerned .Bit more of a show than a racing event .But at the 2008 event Andrew Newey wrecked his GT40 after spending a Stagerring amount of money on building it .Where else will you see Spits ,TRs, E types ,Corvettes ,Cobras and the list goes on Brilliant .Travelling down the Motorways in my van in convoy with ,Ferrari's ,Lotus's,Morgan's.etc .In the Village parked at the side of the road outside the Bar's ,Bugatti,s, Triumph cars and Bikes, Alfa,s .Brilliant can't wait .Silverstone no don't think it comes near .:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User

You might get a better response if you said you were going to organise a Rally with tea and biscuits provided followed by a dominoes competition:ROFLMAO:

S

stagman

Deleted User
can do Jaffas as they are 2 for 1 at Morrisons at present

There yo go .You got one definite .Now just add Jaffa Cakes to your main heading :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not sure the biscuits would tempt me but could you put down some Naked dancing ladies? I might consider it then.

In all seriousness though, we would love to come. I have done lemans for the bikes and the classics. I think though at present it does not fall within school holiday time so will have to wait a few years. The classic is ace and no where near as expensive. :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
A propos of general interest aound Le Mans-this yr was the first 24hr du Velos Le Mans.
It was highly successfull and will be held again in Aug 2010 ::bigsmile: In the 'Leisure Section' teams of 8 can enter.So,each rider would do 3 1hr laps over the 24 hr period.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Classic is fantastic as far as I am concerned .Bit more of a show than a racing event .But at the 2008 event Andrew Newey wrecked his GT40 after spending a Stagerring amount of money on building it .Where else will you see Spits ,TRs, E types ,Corvettes ,Cobras and the list goes on Brilliant .Travelling down the Motorways in my van in convoy with ,Ferrari's ,Lotus's,Morgan's.etc .In the Village parked at the side of the road outside the Bar's ,Bugatti,s, Triumph cars and Bikes, Alfa,s .Brilliant can't wait .Silverstone no don't think it comes near .:thumb:

How about Goodwood ?

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
How about Goodwood ?

Yep, done that for the last few years too, though it is massively expensive and it can be difficult to see any racing unless you have a grandstand seat (£90ish for the day, IIRC). But a great atmosphere if the weather is good.

A couple of years ago I asked about the camping arrangements and was told that there is a campsite available at £80 per night!!!!! OK, I said, what facilities are there, you know showers, hook-up, toilets etc and was told there was nothing, nowt, nada!!! £80 to park your van in a field:ROFLMAO: needless to say I found a local campsite with all the facilities for £12 per night.:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yep, done that for the last few years too, though it is massively expensive and it can be difficult to see any racing unless you have a grandstand seat (£90ish for the day, IIRC). But a great atmosphere if the weather is good.

A couple of years ago I asked about the camping arrangements and was told that there is a campsite available at £80 per night!!!!! OK, I said, what facilities are there, you know showers, hook-up, toilets etc and was told there was nothing, nowt, nada!!! £80 to park your van in a field:ROFLMAO: needless to say I found a local campsite with all the facilities for £12 per night.:Cool:

We camped at the FoS this year, it was £140odd ( just the camping ). There were proper facilities with power and very well run. That seemed to be The Price for one or five days. Huge field packed to overflowing. Definitely expensive. But where else can you drool over umpteen million pound cars whilst touching them ?

Thinking of the Revival next year.

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006

did goodwood in 2008 very good was expensive as you say.They have a campite at the Horse Race Course with electric & showers & toilets cannot remember the cost try looking on goodwood www

Dec 30, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since 1999
Thinking about it

My wife and I are thinking about heading for the classic in 2010. We've done the full '24 hueres du man' a few times but fancy the classic next time. For the full 24 hour races we have always camped within the circuit (Houx campsite) as the traffic on racedays is unbearable (even on a motorbike). For the classic I assume that transport will be easier so this should open up a few more campsite opportunities. Where were you thinking of staying ?

S

stagman

Deleted User
My wife and I are thinking about heading for the classic in 2010. We've done the full '24 hueres du man' a few times but fancy the classic next time. For the full 24 hour races we have always camped within the circuit (Houx campsite) as the traffic on racedays is unbearable (even on a motorbike). For the classic I assume that transport will be easier so this should open up a few more campsite opportunities. Where were you thinking of staying ?

Hi , When we go to the Classic 24hr we stay in the car park opposite the Grandstand . It usually costs 10 euros for the whole w/end .Plenty of fresh water , toilet block with showers , incredable value I think :thumb:

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I did LeMons a few years back in my kit car and would never go back again.
The facilities were appaling, packed in like sardines all sharing 1 toilet! No Thank you.
The racing was pretty crap as well.
Now if you like motorsport and travel how about this Link Removed
Looks like fun, especially as I am having a go "This" year :roflmto::roflmto:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Le mans camping site

I booked Houx non Numbered 7m x 5m pitch on thurs with www.tickets-2-u.com they say they only had 6 pitchs left from their allocation left on this site. I deceided not to book with Airtrack as they wanted nearly £ 600 this year+ entry to race, too steep for me.

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
The event is drawing closer anybody else want to add their name so we can all find each other on site and arrange to meet up for Beer/wine & food & fun!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back