Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
LDV 200 Motor home, 1990
Exp
hello all,

wondering if anyone has any idea how to test a fuel gauge and /or sender unit as my ldv200 camper currently permanently shows empty even though i know it has around 15l fuel in

cant seem to find a new fuel sender so im hoping its a simple wiring issue

OP
OP
D

DJ_Steve

Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
LDV 200 Motor home, 1990
Exp
well i found the problem, it is indeed a wiring issue, the 2 super thin wires to the sender have snapped so im going to have to try and repair those somehow i think

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I had a similar problem - a rat had chewed through a wire above the front passenger foot well. I bought a gas soldering iron, and some shrink wrap to add a small section of wire that the rat had removed.

One tip for rejoining wire is to use a small yogurt pot to hold the wires together. Cut a couple of slots in the pot, and push the wire down into that to hold them in the correct position. The pot collects the solder drips as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I had a similar problem - a rat had chewed through a wire above the front passenger foot well. I bought a gas soldering iron, and some shrink wrap to add a small section of wire that the rat had removed.

One tip for rejoining wire is to use a small yogurt pot to hold the wires together. Cut a couple of slots in the pot, and push the wire down into that to hold them in the correct position. The pot collects the solder drips as well.
The post your replying to is nearly 4 years old ? Don't worry we have all done it,,BUSBY.

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
The post your replying to is nearly 4 years old ? Don't worry we have all done it,,BUSBY.
I saw that, but it comes up in Google searches, and it is getting quite hard to find info on the net now, especially as I refuse to agree to the EU privacy terms that some sites use to block access. I thought it might help someone with a current problem.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I saw that, but it comes up in Google searches, and it is getting quite hard to find info on the net now, especially as I refuse to agree to the EU privacy terms that some sites use to block access. I thought it might help someone with a current problem.
You don’t have to agree to them, you can turn off all the non necessary cookies.
It’s not new, instead of automatically accepting all cookies, you now get a choice of the ones you want to accept or deny.
So, your getting a choice now.
That’s a good thing isn’t it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
So, your getting a choice now.
That’s a good thing isn’t it?
Yes, but I am so anti-EU, that I just go to another site. That's getting hard now though. I'm fairly patient though, so I hope that it will change with Brexit. If not, then I'll wait for the Euro to crash.

Maybe I'll put some stuff on my own sites, and not have an EU policy statement. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back