LCD Tv Vesa bracket fixing (2 Viewers)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am in the process of fitting a swing out Vesa bracket for my 15" Lcd Tv. Does anyone know the thickness of the wallboard in a 07 Bessacarr? is thick/strong enough to screw the bracket directly too?
The arm base that screws to the wall is 45mm x 200mm with 3 fixings. Alernativly I know I can scew it to a piece of wood with a larger footprint but I would prefer the former for looks sake.
The Tv weighs 4.5 Kgs

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can you not put a bit of MDF behind the wall for extra strength? That way you will keep it looking original.

I did a similar thing and just used silicone on the wood and screwed the bracket through the wardrobe wall into the MDF which then stuck once the silicone went off. I used silicone as there is a reasonable chance I will be able to remove it if I wanted to and return the Van to normal, except the 4 holes in the wall.

Richard...

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Good idea Richard but the only place it can go is on the habitation wall which I believe is a sandwich of polystyrene, aliminium on the outside and ply on the inside, it's the ply I want to screw too if it can take it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The boards will be 3 mm ply. I would recomend trying to locate any struts nearby by tapping lightly with a hammer listening for different solid sound:ROFLMAO: if not fix bracket with screws and glue (sikaflex or polyseal 101 £2 from o'learys but ask for it) making sure not to over tighten.The polyseal will hold on its own given 24 hrs to set!!
terry

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I don't think there are any studs in the wall Terry, asam unable to pick any up with a stud locator. I will go with a screw and silkaflex fixing.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Diabalo,if you have not got any sikaflex try the polyseal 101 it is brilliant stuff and if you leave the nossel on takes about 6 mths to cure before you have to throw it away unlike sikaflex that will only take a week then is no good.If you replace the nossel and squeese some more out you can keep the p/s longer to use again for allsorts of jobs,it will stick just about anything to anything.:thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back