Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
any one had any dealings with lazydays/tlc or adrian davies ie the after sales service or any thing you know of them good or bad

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Don't know Lazydays but have dealt with Adrian Davis.
Best advise screw them for every penny you can get as AD will wash his hands of you once your deposit is paid. He does know Rv's inside out and is a good saleman but has no people skills and is only interested in selling.
Having said that I would have no worries about dealing with him but I'd be as hard as nails. You might want to check the web for info on Lazydays some does'nt make good reading.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Eddie
I've only heard bad things about them.

Went down to their site once in Shropshire wasn't impressed with their stock

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
lazy days

Hi
We have just bought from lazy days, we agree that Adrian is a good sales person and he does know Rvs up to a point but lets put things into perspective all the dealers are the same once they have your money they arent bother about putting things right. We have found particularly with lazy days that the best way to get things put right is to contact the workshop direct, those guys are absolutly great, they put right problems and do everything to make sure you are satisfied especially John, Martin & the paint job man Bob. We previously bought from Barrons and still had some things to be put right 2 years later. Several of our fellow members of the MCC have bought Motorhomes from Timberland and are still waiting for parts 1 year on, others have bought recently from Brownhills need I say more.
Therefore if we have a problem with our RV then we will go direct to the workshop at Lazy Days. Hope this helps, if you need any more please contact me. :thumb:

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
tried that just wanted to see if any other members have had any dealing with them im i the only 1 need to know that its not just me

Harveyx

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I purchased a Hurricane from Adrain (Lazydays) at show in NEC in Feb. Date told for delivery was end of March then after numerous e-mails to Adrain with no reply I was told the end of April. At end of April it was changed to end May, then confirmed for 1st June. Finally picked up on 4th June and was told wrong sofa was fitted and if I accepted vehicle they would get proper sofa and change it for me. I called with Lazydays in beginning of Aug (350 mile journey) and was given the usual runaround from Adrain until I had a few cross words with Lester. (A lovely helpful geniune fella, sorry cant say the same for his salesman) Usual lies from Adrain but was satisfied with service given by workshop staff. Still awaiting the sofa but have very good communication through Verna at the workshop.
If you have problems contact Verna (very helpful and if she dosent know she will do her best to find out and will keep in contact till the problem is sorted):thumb:
Many Thanks to Verna for her help so far sorting Adrains mess

Would deal with Lazydays again but definatly not Adrain Davis

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi
........... but lets put things into perspective all the dealers are the same once they have your money they arent bother about putting things right.

Sorry, runrig - that is not the case here in Cornwall.

Should you buy from this particular dealer (Itchyfeet), you are requested to stay on his site for at least a week - free of charge - so that you can run, play, poke and dig into every device on the RV. You are expected to go for at least two test drives - and in the event that something is found wrong with the RV, you are expected to stay on site until it is repaired to your satisfaction.

Then when you do drive away - if something else goes wrong the engineer will come to you, irrespective of where you are - he has mobile engineers covering the whole of the UK AND the Continent.

This dealer has built an empire from 1 RV five years ago to arguably the biggest RV dealer in Europe and the premier RV site in Europe today - you don't do that by ignoring your customers and their aftersales worries.

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
lazy days

Hi Moandick
Whilst i accept that there are exceptions to my comments which is fine and its good to know about them on the whole my comment still stands regarding most dealers. backed up by most of my fellow motorhome friends. But some of us have to still go to work so cannot spent a week or more at a dealership which in my case is at the other end of the country. I agree that regarding lazy days Verna is a good person to deal with and can only speak as I have found regarding ourselves, we called after our holiday and they put right the minor problems we had and sent us on our way satisfied.
Cheers

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
i agree the garage and verna did try to sort our problems out but there hands were tied by adrian (allegedly) 5months for new shower tray spare key couch fell off repaired 3 times once with nails you can see were this is going forgot to mention 9weeks late but love van if i could use it ie water leaks (seals ,windscreen ,garage)told could still use gave kids wellies will post all faults etc once solicitor has engineers report

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Lazydayz Adrian Davis

I have also dealt with A Davis and never has a man incited me more to commit an act of violence than him, I don’t suffer fools or people who think bullshit will baffle my brain. A more patronising "mushroom grower" (keeps you in the dark and feeds you sh....te). So thick skinned I wanted to sit him on the floor. I now have to have dealings through a third party because of his arrogance and patronising manner. You will never get a returned call from him, he will tell you one thing then when your van goes to the garage he tells them something different, so the job it goes for isn’t finished. the list just goes on; i will stop here as the thought of it and him just makes me so angry!!!!!!

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a legal eagle member who could point us in the right legal direction to facilitate compensation for the liberties some of these dealers take with buyers? If you think most people are paying out as much, if not more for there motor home as they did for there house.

I make it my business to rubbish the company as often as I can! Especially Adrian Davis

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Steady on Patrick mate I can see your blood pressure rising from here.

I once said
"If Adrian Davis said Good Morning you should check your watch and then look at the position of the sun that's how honest he is."

By the way we were coming from the Santender ferry in Plymouth on Tuesday morning and saw a Gulfstream identical to yours going the opposite way. We were sure it was you.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
hi harvey what model hurricane is yours and what problems do you have my delivery date was promised for before the Easter holidays booked time off work no van 3 more dates were promised more holidays lost before collection had to resort to brother in law calling to get him to come to the phone as they new my voice by now should of known then what to expect a dream van has be come a nightmare

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Blimey.........this guy sounds like he has a HUGE fanclub :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

note to self.....avoid Adrian Davis at all costs :Eeek::Smile:

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
harvey same van as mine love the van just got the Friday after noon model just wish when they had it for repair they would have got it right in the first place been back to lazydays 6 times in there workshop for a total 8 weeks weve only done 1round trip to Scotland and odd weekend as something breaks or falls off can you tell me whats wrong with your couch its the most comfortable van we've ever owned we had big plans for it now it just sits on the drive

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
harvey same van as mine love the van just got the Friday after noon model just wish when they had it for repair they would have got it right in the first place been back to lazydays 6 times in there workshop for a total 8 weeks weve only done 1round trip to Scotland and odd weekend as something breaks or falls off can you tell me whats wrong with your couch its the most comfortable van we've ever owned we had big plans for it now it just sits on the drive

I wonder whether Mr Harvey is reading these posts and whether he would like to put his case over. From what I have read he would have to be really convincing.

Cheers

Jim

:thumb:

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks jim hoping its all resolved be for christmas thats the next time ive got any time off thay have just offered to bring van in to them again but ive asked for a replacement or refund due this van has had water leaks for the last 5 months and if its like this now whats it going to be like in 5years all of asudden the parts that were orded at collection have just come in my mates van is 10 years old and in fine fettle you expect teething problems but not like this just feel there not interested

Harveyx

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Finnally getting everything sorted, first service at end of this month and other repairs are being done then. Sorted most of my own teething problems although these were few. Other vans I have owned have had as many and they were European vans so the RV is no worse than expected. Love the comfort and space in this one and cannot imagine going back to European vans again.
Hope steerside01 gets problems sorted soon and gets as much from his time in rv as I do:thumb:

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
HI HARVEY don't mind me asking but what mileage has you van done as the book says three thousand miles but was told not req book is only a guide after much debate my book was stamped no service was done but don't know if they were just busy

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
well that says it all thanks harvey yours is a 31d v10 tryton on petrol/lpg

Harveyx

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Have had my first service done and all my little problems sorted. The guys at the garage were 1st class, anything I asked was done.:thumb: All the staff at the garage were very helpful. The only problem I have with Lazydays is Adrian.
My engine is the 8.1 V8

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
i agree the lads at the garage were really helpful but their leader (Adrian) tied their hands he was only interested in sales not warranty work tried to get a swop of van like for like but was told that all they would do is repair it again see what happens glad your van is ok

OP
OP
Family Guy

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
lazydays collected my vec today they have agreed to do all repairs so lets hope they get it right this time,i have every confidence in the garage staff hoping

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back