Lazy who? (1 Viewer)

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Many folks who visit the US with the intention of buying an RV end up at LazyDays, the high volume RV dealer.

Yesterday (July 9), the dealership laid off a large number of sales employees (aka made them redundant). The number of people laid off varies based on what you read, but the consensus seems to be around 15% of their employees. Here's more on the story from Link Removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Why am I not surprised Tom?

Lazydays is not so much a dealership as a small town........its vast.....I dread to think just how much money thay have tied up in stock there, I would imagine the liability to the bank and suppliers must be huge.

Their loss for 2007 is said to be $2.5 million :Eeek: Lazy Days lays off staff - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

Sadly, as with most situations like this, it will be the "small" guy such as the ground keepers, janitors and general labour who will get the shove first....its a pitiful sign of the times and it won't be long before it starts happening here :Sad:

For those who have never seen it, take a look here: Lazydays Film - Day in the Life - Lazydays RV SuperCenter - Number One In RVs (Gas & Diesel Motor homes, Fifth Wheels, and Travel Trailers)

Last edited by a moderator:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Many folks who visit the US with the intention of buying an RV end up at LazyDays, the high volume RV dealer.

Yesterday (July 9), the dealership laid off a large number of sales employees (aka made them redundant). The number of people laid off varies based on what you read, but the consensus seems to be around 15% of their employees. Here's more on the story from Link Removed.

Crikey we only passed by there last week.:Eeek:

Loads of stock and surprised at the size of the outfit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp

Hi Tom,
If it's really sales staff being laid off then they really are in trouble.
A few years ago, one company I worked for was in difficulties. They told all their sales staff they could leave or go onto open ended commission only. Those sales staff that stayed made out like bandits for 9-12 months :roflmto: It was so successful the company stuck with the policy until they were bought out a few years later.

Regards
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sounds just like Papa Smurfs day with you Linda:winky::roflmto::roflmto:

Except your pricing was keener:winky::thumb:

Wish I had their premises :Eeek: Mind you, I wouldn't fancy the upkeep! :roflmto:

OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
One of our long time (15+ years) members went to work at LD as a salesman a few years ago. He was caught in the layoff, but has already started a new job at a car dealership.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Having spoken to salesman today who actually works at Lazydays its service staff that have been laid off not the sales teams. He said that even though sales are down they are selling more B & C class and also towables than in previous years!! :Eeek:

Just seems to be the A class sales and the very top end RVs that are seriously suffering (not surprising really!!) :Doh:

OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
The guy I mentioned who was laid off was selling travel trailers (aka caravans) at LD for the last few years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back