Layout - will it work/is it any good? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't understand most of what you are asking but sliding door wise around half way across opening on the base units 1200 ish wide transit with wall units slightly less (about 100 mm )-looks and feels comfortable without thinking you are going to bump your head
terry

OP
OP
Tino11

Tino11

Free Member
Jul 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Nowt Yet! -Van Conversion
Exp
virgin newbie!
Don't understand most of what you are asking but sliding door wise around half way across opening on the base units 1200 ish wide transit with wall units slightly less (about 100 mm )-looks and feels comfortable without thinking you are going to bump your head
terry

Sorry Terry I didn't really explain it well.

The steel bulkhead screen that is behind the driver and passenger seats, when that is removed, does it gain you more floorplan to build on (100mm?) (behind the drivers seat) or does it just create enough space for the drivers seat to swivel?

Most people (but not all) seem to build up a little short of the rear doors and put a ply board as an end wall with holes cut out for the windows. How much of a gap is sensible to leave between the ply board and the actual edge of floor in front of the rear doors? What thickness ply?

If that doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll try and find some photos. :D

OP
OP
Tino11

Tino11

Free Member
Jul 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
virgin newbie!
Van layout3.jpg
sliding door wise around half way across opening on the base units 1200 ish wide transit with wall units slightly less (about 100 mm )terry

Thanks for the sliding door bit, it means I can include a minibus like flip up seat bolted to the floor, the base is quite small so when flipped up the overhang into the side door gap is less than 400mm. The bonus is that a third passenger can be taken at anytime, which may come in handy. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Perhaps you could split the shower door in two by running it from both sides of the wc? You need to get away from 90degree turns, as well, eg Callers example, to reduce the drag on the bends.

Not sure I fully understand your first Q, but you will have no access through the rear doors anyway, with the seating as you have it. Most would argue opening rear doors are a bonus, over CB motorhomes. Personally, I like the Autotrail V line back end. Maybe worth a look at for you.

If you change the front seating don't forget there is a level change to contend with. Bet there's a few nutted the dashboard with a step between the seats.

Leave a single door width at the slider. Anything more is wasting space.

OP
OP
Tino11

Tino11

Free Member
Jul 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
virgin newbie!
IMG_4565.jpg

Wissel I've borrowed your photo! :D This what I meant about the back. Does the board run flush across the back of the van (right up against the edge), and how thick is it?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi on the fiat type vans I believe the front seating area is about 100 mm higher than the van rear floor area (if not fiat then renault master :D) removing the bulkhead allows you to get from front into the back and lets you use the 100 mm extra space up to the back seats or more if the seats are more forward for driving --I used 12/13mm ply for the floor which is more than enough but if unsure go for 19 mm --you can cut it to fit right up to the back doors while closed or simply leave it sq to the rear -all depends on how you want to finish --If you set off with any of your boards see where they finish -
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back