Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All

Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes a motorhome with the same layout as the Autotrail Comanche s

This layout has 2 single beds to the rear but importantly to us it has the 2 bench seats behind the drive seats I am not interested in any models that have the more common seating like my Rapido 7065 which is like this, all the models I can find all have the seating like my Rapido

vim_5_1501216__vimg2093198-4.jpg

It must have the 2 bench seats like the Autotrail I will look at both single or tag axle vehicles I have searched myself but cant find anything so was hoping some one on here might know of a certain make / model

The closest thing I can find is the Swift Kon Tiki 635

Cheers LB

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Elddis do an Encore 285. Fixed singles at back. 2 bench seats behind cab. Only a 4 berth as the 2 travelling seats fit into these front bench seats. End bathroom. Single axle under 3.5T. Makes a good 2/4 berth.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Many thanks thats a nice MH I just think it may be a bit too small for us but its the perfect layout that is just what we want but a bit bigger I wish Berstner or similar did a tag axle with 2 proper bench seats instead of this continuous layout all the manufactures are going for now in regards to the lounge seating

Forgot to say it only needs to be 2 berth but if its more than 2 berth not bothered

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Many thanks thats a nice MH I just think it may be a bit too small for us but its the perfect layout that is just what we want but a bit bigger I wish Berstner or similar did a tag axle with 2 proper bench seats instead of this continuous layout all the manufactures are going for now in regards to the lounge seating

Forgot to say it only needs to be 2 berth but if its more than 2 berth not bothered
We were looking a bit older and less money but we had the same issue / wanted the same front end layout (we wanted fixed double not twin) and ended up with a six berth autotrail

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Probably quite a rarity due to the length it would need to be, 2 x 2m seat / bed lengths, plus a kitchen in the middle, plus shower / toilet somewhere, then the engine front seats etc, it must be well over 8m long surely

when you find it let us know, Bev would love it :)(y)

but I will reject it if over 8.2m :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Probably quite a rarity due to the length it would need to be, 2 x 2m seat / bed lengths, plus a kitchen in the middle, plus shower / toilet somewhere, then the engine front seats etc, it must be well over 8m long surely

Ours is under 7.5m ex works

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior

Yes I agree David I think your right it would be a long vehicle

Why would you reject if over 8.2m ???

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
totally personal, but we can turn round on our own drive without bumping into ours or neighbours house / wall etc, (well if we are careful we can at least :(), also not a fan of tag axles, not really sure quite why yet, something about the look of them to me, but we had tag axle caravans for years, so not really sure why. Would imagine they are much more stable while driving :)(y)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Well just been to look at a new Swift Kon Tiki 635 black edition perfect layout for us just what we want single beds, bench seats behind the cab area, rear locker just perfect EXCEPT the payload is just pants 580kg thats just rubbish why do the manufactures do this this is a 8m vehicle why not put it on a tag axle to get the payload up to where it needs to be really peed off now

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Well just been to look at a new Swift Kon Tiki 635 black edition perfect layout for us just what we want single beds, bench seats behind the cab area, rear locker just perfect EXCEPT the payload is just pants 580kg thats just rubbish why do the manufactures do this this is a 8m vehicle why not put it on a tag axle to get the payload up to where it needs to be really peed off now
What's wrong with the Rapido?

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Have you had a look at the Swift Bolero range?

We've had ours for 5 years and are still delighted with it.

Pete and Di

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Autotrail Savannah standard get up is twin beds and parallel couches behind the cab giving only two travelling seats. Maybe they won't be long enough for you though? Ours is fitted with the optional extra two travelling seats instead of one of the couches.
upload_2017-5-14_18-44-5.jpeg

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
What's wrong with the Rapido?

The Rapido is our 1st ever motorhome and now having had it a while there are a few things we would like different to how it is, we are not keen on the lounge layout hence the bench seats we want and the payload is poor but a lot of motorhomes are poor thats why I would like to go up to a tag axle

Our Rapido has a similar payload to the Swift Kon Tiki 635 which is about 550 kg which is not a lot really

self levelling kit 55kg
2 electric bikes 50kg
kayak 15kg
spare wheel 25kg
me and the wife 200kg
50 lts water 50kg
half tank fuel 50kg
gas bottle 20kg
12 bottles of beer 4kg
5 bottles wine 5 kg
2 deck chairs and small table 5kg

Theres 474kg and I havn't even started loading pots, pans, bbq, plates, food, tv, clothes, etc etc it don't take long before your over weight I bet most motorhomes on a single rear axle are either over gross weight or over weight on there rear axle

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Autotrail Savannah standard get up is twin beds and parallel couches behind the cab giving only two travelling seats. Maybe they won't be long enough for you though? Ours is fitted with the optional extra two travelling seats instead of one of the couches.
View attachment 162878

Yes thats the perfect layout but sorry should have said I don't really want to buy an Autotrail thats why I am trying to find your layout in a different make of motorhome

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
The Rapido is our 1st ever motorhome and now having had it a while there are a few things we would like different to how it is, we are not keen on the lounge layout hence the bench seats we want and the payload is poor but a lot of motorhomes are poor thats why I would like to go up to a tag axle

Our Rapido has a similar payload to the Swift Kon Tiki 635 which is about 550 kg which is not a lot really

self levelling kit 55kg
2 electric bikes 50kg
kayak 15kg
spare wheel 25kg
me and the wife 200kg
50 lts water 50kg
half tank fuel 50kg
gas bottle 20kg
12 bottles of beer 4kg
5 bottles wine 5 kg
2 deck chairs and small table 5kg

Theres 474kg and I havn't even started loading pots, pans, bbq, plates, food, tv, clothes, etc etc it don't take long before your over weight I bet most motorhomes on a single rear axle are either over gross weight or over weight on there rear axle
Your requirements are very similar to ours. We wanted a large garage, beds that we did not have to climb over each other and bench seats in dinette, large payload and not an Autotrail. We have spent ages looking for a suitable van we could afford. In the end we had to compromise and purchase Rapido 7066df but this will be low on payload and has L shaped dinette.(Have been very happy with my Rapido 786)
Have a look at Liaka motorhomes, if you are prepaired to compromise on dinette.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes thats the perfect layout but sorry should have said I don't really want to buy an Autotrail thats why I am trying to find your layout in a different make of motorhome
The only others I can think of are the Kon-tiki, as you've said, and the Swift Bolero 714SB but it has a rear bathroom.
<Broken link removed>
Or the Elddis Supreme 185 which is a special for Preston Caravans with same layout as above but payload will be a problem as it's got an MTPLM of 3,500kg..

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Only other way I thought of going is the kon tiki 679 with the high line option so bed above the cab and rear bed width ways, this way we could have a large bed each (y)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
The only others I can think of are the Kon-tiki, as you've said, and the Swift Bolero 714SB but it has a rear bathroom.
<Broken link removed>
Or the Elddis Supreme 185 which is a special for Preston Caravans with same layout as above but payload will be a problem as it's got an MTPLM of 3,500kg..

this is a great layout and we really like it and it has a great payload BUT where do you store all your gear very small lockers on the outside I think my only option is a tag axle so I get the rear garage and the payload its the only solution I can think of

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
this is a great layout and we really like it and it has a great payload BUT where do you store all your gear very small lockers on the outside I think my only option is a tag axle so I get the rear garage and the payload its the only solution I can think of
Agreed. The downside of a rear bathroom, no garage area.
That's why we ended up with our Savannah.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
A bit like hens teeth especially when we wanted two extra travelling seats without the half dinette! But perseverance paid off and we found a Pilote at Hayes,they upgraded it to 5,200kgs so we now have plenty of room and payload! (We had the front springs replaced!)

Sadly the only one they do now that is similar is in the La Voyageur range! :Eeek:

https://www.levoyageur-motorhome.uk/motorhome/lv/lv7-8gjf/

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
A bit like hens teeth especially when we wanted two extra travelling seats without the half dinette! But perseverance paid off and we found a Pilote at Hayes,they upgraded it to 5,200kgs so we now have plenty of room and payload! (We had the front springs replaced!)

Sadly the only one they do now that is similar is in the La Voyageur range! :Eeek:

https://www.levoyageur-motorhome.uk/motorhome/lv/lv7-8gjf/

Wow I like the look of that its perfect decent payload nice lounge area single beds looks good quality etc will look deeper into this model

Thank you

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
If you liked that you'll,love this :) I'm sure Bill at Hayes would sort you one out (but you might have to drive past some s**t hole to get there :whistle:)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Don't know what your budget is but came across this on the Pilote owners website.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
When we downsized from a large tag axle with a decent size garage, to the Bolero, I thought I would have to severely trim down how much stuff we took away.

I was surprised at just how much stuff the two front sofas swallowed up and even more so, the two single beds and there was nothing that had to be chopped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back