LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I expect many of them will have the twin tub washing machines.

Otherwise they will have to go naked when they run out of clothes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Life did exist before washing machines. I think people took their laundry to a stream and then beat it up with a rock.

I am getting really worried that my eyesight is so bad trying to read my small phone. I read that as 'people took their laundry to a stream and beat it with a cock.! "

Screenshot_20200331_172217.jpg

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
Hi,
I've been doing most in a bucket, did all my bedding today
I really don't want to travel to the Launderette at the moment and will leave it as long as I can
If you've got enough water just keep on top of a few things a day, liquid detergent better, dissolves easier,
I know drying can be a pain that's why I just do a small bit at a time, wring it out as much as you can or spin if you have a spinner
But honestly you can wear your clothes for longer than you think ?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I am getting really worried that my eyesight is so bad trying to read my small phone. I read that as 'people took their laundry to a stream and beat it with a cock.! "
In those unenlightened days it was usually the women that did the laundry. They also had cock fighting but that was a male pastime.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 373552
Joy, I believe that is what is called a Freudian slip.

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Site where were allowed to stay has a laundry and no one else using it. So again lucky. Bit sad there should be a queue of campers waiting.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I don’t know I have a magic basket in the bedroom. Bung my dirty washing in it next I know it’s been washed ironed and stacked neatly on my side of the bed. I wouldn’t sell my magic basket for anything ??

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks for the answers and the non-answers!
Yes I have been doing a few bits and I have done sheets in the past-in a bucket, so suppose I will have to again!

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010

View attachment 373552

That was just the 'dedicates' they used a rock for the rest!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am told that a salad spinner works well to get excess moisture from "smalls". My smalls are definitely on the large size :)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Bucket, start with boiling water which dissolves powder nicely and is good for things like towels. Works much better than the ghastly speedqueen washing machines that so many campsites have. My experience is that it isn't getting things wet that is a problem, it's getting them dry. But then, that hasn't been a problem these last few weeks. I just tend to do a few bits every day rather than waiting for 'a load'.

Emmac0023

Free Member
Jul 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've continued with the Launderette. They are still open as essential but for limited hours. A week's worth of clothes for a family of 4 cost me £18. I dropped the bag at the door, (service washes only) and then collected it the next day.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Laundry is not a problem anymore!
A extremely nice lady across the way has let me use her washing machine. It-washing machine-lives in the garage so we don’t come into contact at all!
There are some lovely people out there!

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Launderette is open here in sunny Southport and is fully automated so using that for bedding, towels etc but weve got a single drum travel washing machine for the smaller items. Never thought the weather in the UK would be good enough to dry stuff but been pleasantly surprised since getting back from Spain :cool:

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Lady where I'm hiding keeps a horse here and was telling me she'd been furloughed, I took the opurtunity to ask here if she wanted to earn a bit extra cash, I get my laundry done for around the same money I normally pay at the laurnderette the bonus is I don't have to do the ironing, everyone's a winner.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have been full timers for just over 3 years now. We have not been to a launderette (aren’t they closed?) since all this virus kerfuffle started. We do hand washing every few days then wife takes bedding and towels etc to daughters every couple of weeks.

Paul

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have been full timers for just over 3 years now. We have not been to a launderette (aren’t they closed?) since all this virus kerfuffle started. We do hand washing every few days then wife takes bedding and towels etc to daughters every couple of weeks.

Paul
Sounds odd full timing but being close enough for daughter to do the washing?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Laundrettes opened in France last week so finally got a proper wash done. Sick of hand washing after just 9 weeks..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back