Laundry (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
given our plan is to be on the road for some time, I'd like opinions and experiences of the oneConcept DB004 mini camping washing machine spin 4.8kg if I may?
Thanks in advance (y)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I dont know that model, but we have had two of these:
They were excellent machines and run perfectly happy when powered by an inverter -only uses about 350w with both going at the same time if I remember correctly.
Big enough for a double duvet cover and sheets.
Spin dryer is very effective.
Very light and easy to lift in and out of the garage.
Saves a fortune in laundrette costs.
Great kit for long trips/full timing.

OP
OP
Dazzles
Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
They were excellent machines and run perfectly happy when powered by an inverter -only uses about 350w with both going at the same time if I remember correctly.
Big enough for a double duvet cover and sheets.
Spin dryer is very effective.
Very light and easy to lift in and out of the garage.
Saves a fortune in laundrette costs.
Great kit for long trips/full timing.
That's great and just what I hoped to hear ~ thank you! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dazzles
Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
Crumbs ... you must have really big mhs you two... I have to use launderettes. :(
I was hoping having this would cut down on the constant need to do launderettes so, if there's garage space, it seems a fabulous idea

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use an old sunncamp twintub washing machine works great . cant be doing with paying for launderettes .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Yeah a good long-term money saver (y)
mine was 15 quid in a charity shop.
well my ex wife bought it . but later gave it to me to use. she got posh and bought a proper house automatic . it works a treat on solar with the inverter etc . the spinner is really good .
park up somewhere out the way ,ideally with water close by . start at 9 in morning finished by half ten . dried just after lunch . well in spain in winter. put sheets back on bed and off we go.
mind does take several loads as the tub is only small. one sheet two pillow cases is it . one pair jeans couple t shirts . . but it works .
i do cheat i use a builders tub and posser for rinsing . but spin and on the line . saves a bit of time .

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We also have the above machine, which I have plumbed in to the garage area of MH. Works a treat and has paid for itself many times over.

OP
OP
Dazzles
Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
mine was 15 quid in a charity shop.
well my ex wife bought it . but later gave it to me to use. she got posh and bought a proper house automatic . it works a treat on solar with the inverter etc . the spinner is really good .
park up somewhere out the way ,ideally with water close by . start at 9 in morning finished by half ten . dried just after lunch . well in spain in winter. put sheets back on bed and off we go.
mind does take several loads as the tub is only small. one sheet two pillow cases is it . one pair jeans couple t shirts . . but it works .
i do cheat i use a builders tub and posser for rinsing . but spin and on the line . saves a bit of time .
Bargain! Guess that was a chance find then - well done. I'm convinced... we need this in our lives

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Isn't there a funster who sells them? I can't remember his name!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Dazzles we don't have a lot of storage space in our MH , yet we still make room for our twin tub machine as it works well as long as you are near a water supply.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I have the same twin tub as @makems and agree that it is brilliant. I run it off a 500w inverter. It works well so long as you don't overload it.

We have a 6m PVC, so not a huge van but it fits very nicely under the fixed bed at the back and still leaves loads of room for storing all the other stuff that we take with us. We store the detergent and one of those folding hanging multipeg airer things in it.

OP
OP
Dazzles
Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
That's it! Mind made up... thanks very much everyone

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Is it @jezport Anthea???
Yes its me.
I still have machines in stock, and the benefit of buying from me is that I keep all spares for my machines so can offer support in the rare chance you have a problem.

I will be at the Norfolk show next if anyone wants a look at them, but due to us having limited space we generally sell out before the end of the show.

Deleted User
Been living in caravans/motorhomes for 9 years without a washing machine, launderettes everywhere in Europe that we have been €3.50 to €5.50, every couple of weeks( one of does some hand washing:)) never felt the need to hump a washing machine around.

Poor old bloke at Cabanas trundling water and grey water up and down from one of those little twin tub things every Monday, don't see the point, washing machine on site €5, hardly going to break the bank is it:)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Been living in caravans/motorhomes for 9 years without a washing machine, launderettes everywhere in Europe that we have been €3.50 to €5.50, every couple of weeks( one of does some hand washing:)) never felt the need to hump a washing machine around.

Poor old bloke at Cabanas trundling water and grey water up and down from one of those little twin tub things every Monday, don't see the point, washing machine on site €5, hardly going to break the bank is it:)

Benefits are:

• No waiting for a machine
  • No waiting while it washes
  • No dirt from someone else who has put soiled pet bedding in before you
  • Saves money
  • Faster
  • No walk to launderette
  • No problem in the middle of nowhere where there is no launderette
  • You can wash a small load if you need to

Deleted User
Benefits are: