Latitude Festival 2021 - anyone go? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
The motorhome parking was rammed full. A lot of new/almost new PVC's and a good smattering of pricey looking Carthago's, Dethleffs, Burstner and, of course - the AlBondigas Hymer !!!

The parking was nearly two miles from the main arena so I reckon we walked about 30 miles over the last 4 days!

Great weather, some great bands and some newer artists that were outstanding - GreenTea Peng, Nubya Garcia & Mae Muller really caught my ears along with a really banging Chemical Brothers set on Saturday night with a great light show.

It was my first big festival since Glasto back in '97 !

We took sensible precautions - so no mosh-pit for us this time !!

I'm going to do a lateral flow test every other day for a week. First one came back negative.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The motorhome parking was rammed full. A lot of new/almost new PVC's and a good smattering of pricey looking Carthago's, Dethleffs, Burstner and, of course - the AlBondigas Hymer !!!

The parking was nearly two miles from the main arena so I reckon we walked about 30 miles over the last 4 days!

Great weather, some great bands and some newer artists that were outstanding - GreenTea Peng, Nubya Garcia & Mae Muller really caught my ears along with a really banging Chemical Brothers set on Saturday night with a great light show.

I'm going to do a lateral flow test every other day for a week. First one came back negative.

Did you see Bastille? Were they any good?

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
It sounds great and the walking must have done you good :) We last wnt some years ago in our campervan. We overheated when queing for miles in the (only?) access road. How did you find the last few miles getting there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years

And of course you were in the best part of the Country

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Shooda jumped a taxi in :)
Or do as we did and take our Benidorm limo !!
Chemical Brothers were amazing, I missed Kaiser Chiefs ( partied out the night before and did not make it to the arena till about 7pm ! )
Sorry to say Bastille were, for me, a let down.. Made poor use of that orchestra and after about 30 minutes of the set we went over to Sunrise for a while
Did you see the light show on the river ?
I know it is not new and been done before but is is still downright stunning.. Esp. the white horse galloping out !
Rick Astley was a bit good.. He still looks 30 ( I think he is mid 50's now ) and he was absolutely bouncing and bang on

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Chemical Brothers were amazing, I missed Kaiser Chiefs ( partied out the night before and did not make it to the arena till about 7pm ! )
Sorry to say Bastille were, for me, a let down.. Made poor use of that orchestra and after about 30 minutes of the set we went over to Sunrise for a while
I know it is not new and been done before but is is still downright stunning.. Esp. the white horse galloping out !
Rick Astley was a bit good.. He still looks 30 ( I think he is mid 50's now ) and he was absolutely bouncing and bang on
My oldest is a fan of Bastille and was planning on getting a job at the festival so he could see them without splashing out a load of ÂŁ but covid struck and it screwed up some plans. It seems that it would have been an anticlimax.

OP
OP
Abgs
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Did you see Bastille? Were they any good?

I missed Bastille as I wanted to see GreenTea Peng - I heard Rick Astley from the campsite and he actually sounded rather good. The light show on the water was excellent also.

By chance I caught Kate Simko and the London Electronic Orchestra on the Waterfront stage in the middle of the afternoon with a dancer from the Royal Ballet. Techno classical music shouldn't really work but this was brilliant - it would have been even better if had been in a late night slot with the light show in background!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Spoke to someone last night who's bosses son 19 went to some festival in Brighton. Had to be tested to get in which was negative, first test when home positive DOH!

Bertie B

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
CARSHALTON , SURREY
Funster No
MH
BURSTNER IXEO 590G
Exp
SINCE JULY 2020
I was in the Oxfam volunteers motorhome section which had about 50 vehicles of various shapes and sizes nothing as fancy as I could see across the road in the main motorhome section. We were even further from the entrance and I managed to clock up an average of 28,000 steps a day. I agree Bastille were disappointing but the Kaiser Chiefs were brilliant. It’s a great event for all the family especially the smaller bands at the trailer park and a late night disco at the comedy tent. Just recovering in time to head off for wilderness with Bertie Burstner. It’s great to be able to live in style and not in a tent.

OP
OP
Abgs
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Spoke to someone last night who's bosses son 19 went to some festival in Brighton. Had to be tested to get in which was negative, first test when home positive DOH!
We've done two lateral flow tests since getting back home. Both negative - will do one more in three days time. Off to aged relatives next week so need to be sure we are safe. Horrible things to do though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back