Latex topper, has anyone got one? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Looking for a bit of market research advice. I bought a van with a bed in the roof, but find I get claustrophobic, which is a bit of a blow!! I thought it would be fine, but I have very colourful nightmares. Brilliant bathroom though.

So plan B is to modify the bench seat, and use that. However, it is a bit firm, and I like some comfort. I have had memory foam in the past and found it very hot, but thought latex might make a comfortable seat during the day, and bed at night.

I would buy the mattress, but am afraid it will be too heavy, especially as I need to get to the cupboards under the seat. So a topper over the cushions might be a good compromise. I cant find any to try though. I do have a Dunlopillo pillow which is what gave me the idea in the first place.

Sorry, turned into a long post.

Thanks in advance

Karen

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We first bought Coloroll toppers but they didn’t really make any difference. Then bought two single Duvalays (foam base duvet top) secondhand and they make it far more comfortable.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We bought a 1" thick topper for our bed at home, which we bought because it was cheap to try as we expected it may be too warm. No problems so we bought another for the van. Even in midsummer Seville the topper caused no problems. The rest of the van did get very warm indeed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back