Latest news for travel in EU from 1 Jan (1 Viewer)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Dated July 9th 2020, is this really the latest?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dated July 9th 2020, is this really the latest?

Probably, nothing has changed since then. Meanwhile with these ever changing Brexit deal deadlines that will probably still be the position in January

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Probably, nothing has changed since then. Meanwhile with these ever changing Brexit deal deadlines that will probably still be the position in January
Jim you are correct . All of this has been agreed and ratified months ago and the only discussion continuing is trade issues . Regardless of the deal or no deal these issues are set in stone .
Here in France just this week a decree has been passed which brings into law our rights as residents of France and I am sure other countries are doing the same .
The U.K. immigration bill was passed last week which stops freedom of movement and was well advertised .
It is what it is and wish people would stop arguing and saying it won’t happen . It is all part of what was voted for .
Maybe we in Europe are more aware of what has been agreed as we have been watching closely because it affects more to us than being able to spend more than 90 days in Benidorm .
Sorry Jim but this subject is becoming tedious

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
So what exactly is meant by this? What document is valid? I have 2 dogs - 1 has a Portuguese passport and the other has a U.K. passport. Is one valid and the other isn't? You may find it tedious spitfire but there are still some very important unanswered questions for people who have to make slightly more complicated travel arrangements than yourself.

"Travelling with pets

During the transition period, pet owners resident in the United Kingdom can use the ‘EU pet passport’ to facilitate travel in the European Union with their pets.
As of 1 January 2021, an EU pet passport issued to a pet owner resident in the United Kingdom will no longer be a valid document for travelling with pets from the United Kingdom to any of the EU Member States. The requirements for pets accompanying those travelling from the United Kingdom in the future will be set by the Union."

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have 2 dogs - 1 has a Portuguese passport and the other has a U.K. passport. Is one valid and the other isn't?
Basically yes. Although even the Portugese one leaving the UK & re-entering the EU will need the titre test to allow them to re-enter from a third world country. The UK one also needs it as well as the 10 day fitmess to travel certificate , which the ,theoretically returning, Portugese dog does not legally require.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So what exactly is meant by this? What document is valid? I have 2 dogs - 1 has a Portuguese passport and the other has a U.K. passport. Is one valid and the other isn't? You may find it tedious spitfire but there are still some very important unanswered questions for people who have to make slightly more complicated travel arrangements than yourself.

"Travelling with pets

During the transition period, pet owners resident in the United Kingdom can use the ‘EU pet passport’ to facilitate travel in the European Union with their pets.
As of 1 January 2021, an EU pet passport issued to a pet owner resident in the United Kingdom will no longer be a valid document for travelling with pets from the United Kingdom to any of the EU Member States. The requirements for pets accompanying those travelling from the United Kingdom in the future will be set by the Union."
That question has been answered in the sense if things stay as they are you will need the titre test. This is irrespective of what passport they have because the UK will be classed as a Third Country.

If the EU decides to change the UK's classification things should be easier but it is up to them and I doubt this issue is very high on either sides To Do List at the moment.

If you plan on travelling to the EU early next year I would get the tests done if not done already otherwise you may have to postpone the trip.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
I knew this was a requirement so both dogs have already had the titre test done successfully. The things that has thrown me is the document from the Citizens Advise Bureau in Spain states an EU pet passport issued to a pet owner resident in the United Kingdom will no longer be a valid document for travelling with pets from the United Kingdom to any of the EU Member States.

So my question is what passport is valid? Or is it a matter of semantics and perhaps the document could have been worded better?

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Surely this answers your question, assuming you are resident in the UK.

As of 1 January 2021, an EU pet passport issued to a pet owner resident
in the United Kingdom will no longer be a valid document for travelling with pets from the United Kingdom to any of the EU Member States. The requirements for pets accompanying those travelling from the United Kingdom in the future will be set by the Union."

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I knew this was a requirement so both dogs have already had the titre test done successfully. The things that has thrown me is the document from the Citizens Advise Bureau in Spain states an EU pet passport issued to a pet owner resident in the United Kingdom will no longer be a valid document for travelling with pets from the United Kingdom to any of the EU Member States.

So my question is what passport is valid? Or is it a matter of semantics and perhaps the document could have been worded better?
That makes sense. If you are a UK resident then an EU document won't apply - the dog has no nationality because the EU passport is in your name and we fully leave the EU on 31 December this year.

I don't think you need any passport to enter the EU if you have the other documents but you will need a UK issued one to return to the UK.

That's my guess anyway! :)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

So what is the answer then?The Union needs to set out what is required as soon as possible🤔

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Govt guidance here but it would seem nothing is yet agreed about the status of the UK from 2021. Someone needs a nudge, I think.....

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp

No it doesn't! It tells me what isn't valid but it doesn't tell me what is.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
No it doesn't! It tells me what isn't valid but it doesn't tell me what is.
Check the DEFRA website. Last time I looked it spelt out all the options, which one will apply won’t be known until the EU decides how they will treat the UK. We shall just have to wait and see.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back