Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We are going to Euro Disney next weekend.

Getting a 10pm ish ferry from Dover and thinking of heading down towards Paris once across. Are there any Aires sites that we would stand a chance getting on in the early hours to the north of Paris? Say a couple of hours down the motorway from Calais.

Or is it just too much hassle and better of parking at the ticket office at Calais for a few hours and early starting from there.

Would like to be down at Euro Disney for mid to late morning.

Cheers for any help.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
When we did it it the summer we stopped at the Aire on Calais sea front. I think it's 7 Euro. If you arrive late just park up and they come round about 8am to collect the cash. If you've gone by then ........!:winky:

If you are coiming off the ferry, you turn right just after leaving the port and cross the river and follow the signs to La Plage. The Aire is well signposted at the harbour end of the beach. Indeed as you come in through the harbour piers, you should be able to see the aire on the opposite side of the river. We've also notice loads of MH parked in the car park by the river overnight.

Alternatively theres a good one on the harbour at Gravelines which is about 15-20 mins up the coast.

Either beats hitting the road tired and driving on the 'wrong side' in the dark to my mind. I'd rather get there in one piece. :thumb:

If you then go autoroute, its 3.5 hours to DLP.

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Driving on the wrong side doesn't bother me as I have lived and driven on the continent so it does come as second nature. Done the drive to DLP a few times as well, but its always been straight down during the day time.

Ferry should get us over there for midnight is UK time, so a couple of hours would be fine, definitely not even contemplating the full distance. Would be nice if we could get down some of the way but don't trust the motorway Aires sites.

It has been suggested to just stay at the ticket office car park at Calais if overnighting there, is than not advisable?

Thanks for the info on those Aires sites. Will look them up and add them to the sat nav.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I don't know about the ticket office as we always use the tunnel.

Once you are on the autoroute there is nowhere really unless you turn off.

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Not fussed about a small detour, expecting to need to get off of the motorway as I haven't heard good things about those anyway.

Just thinking that many will be full by the time we would be getting there. So just seeing if anyone has done similar successfully before.

Fall back is to just crash at Calais once we get over there.

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Ended up doing it as a straight drive down.

Got the 21:20 ferry over which got us on the road in France for just before 23:30 (UK Time). Drive down to Disney took 3.5 hours getting us down there for 03:00 UK (04:00) local.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Late night stop near Paris

Calais Park up very safe, patrolled all next as next to police and well lit.
I have used it a couple of times and have no hesitation is parking there as a lone female traveller. No charges, but vehicles sometimes moving in the night as long as that dosent disturb you.

Usually other motorhomes and caravans there.

N 50*58.031
E 1*52.108

Hope this helps, S.

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We slept through the road sweepers driving around us at 3am at Disney so I doubt a few wagons will be a problem :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back