Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Literally crawled out of the VW at 1.45am.

We are trying to fit the kitchen, when you have mm as tolerance it makes it very difficult! I was asleep sat up at one point waiting to be called upon for assistance.

Many swear words were exchanged between the hours of 10pm and 1.45am and we are still speaking....... just!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
It'll be worth it in the end. Think of all the fun family times you'll have together. Hang in there.......;)

Did you go for the ready made furniture in the end and manage to get them to alter to fit your extra seating in ?
I know you were worried about that in the early days.
We need pictures ! Looking forward to seeing the finished result. Can't be far off now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi @Ralph-n-Bev

Yes we went for some ready made kitchen furniture in the end. They managed to do some alterations for us and have it delivered in less than a week. But, as we all know with this type of vehicle it is never straight forward and Rich has had to make quite a lot of adjustments to get it snug. They are all the time consuming bits aren't they?!

The seat/bed was fabricated for us a bit wider than usual to get the 3 seatbelts in, that is why the standard kitchen furniture doesn't fit and had to be altered!!

Upholstery should be finished today or tomorrow hopefully.

I will try and post some pics up in a bit when I can see straight!! It WILL be done by Friday as we are off to France......I don't know why we do it to ourselves ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back