Late arrivals and leaving dog in van (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2019
Wilmslow, UK
Funster No
MH
2020 Bessacarr 597
Exp
Just after opinions as I may be being a bit precious. We’re on Lytton Lawn at present which has no late arrivals bay. T’other night at 10:30 our next door neighbours arrived on their pitch (obviously let in by the warden). Site was silent and pitch dark. I thought they would park up, pop into bed and set up early next morning. Instead they starting setting up on arrival. Plugging in ehu fair enough but did the full set up with torches and falling over cables/hoses in the dark. Finished after 11pm. Yesterday they left the dog in the van, all blinds closed from 6-9pm. Dog barked and howled all night. Poor animal must have been distressed.
So…am I being too precious or is this a lack of consideration for other users?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just after opinions as I may be being a bit precious. We’re on Lytton Lawn at present which has no late arrivals bay. T’other night at 10:30 our next door neighbours arrived on their pitch (obviously let in by the warden). Site was silent and pitch dark. I thought they would park up, pop into bed and set up early next morning. Instead they starting setting up on arrival. Plugging in ehu fair enough but did the full set up with torches and falling over cables/hoses in the dark. Finished after 11pm. Yesterday they left the dog in the van, all blinds closed from 6-9pm. Dog barked and howled all night. Poor animal must have been distressed.
Lack of consideration at face value.

Of course we don't know the full story.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
If late arriving we wouldn’t set up fully, I’m not sure we’d even plug in. We have left our dogs in van and as far as we know, they’re always quiet, when we return there isn’t any barking etc so assume they have been good for the duration. However, I would, if they were noisy, expect that a neighbour would let us know. I would let a neighbour know if their dogs were noisy whilst out. We always ask too, we’re the dogs ok and as yet have always had No noise at all. My point is, let them know, doesn’t have to be nasty, if it was us we’d be all apologetic and prob wouldn’t leave on their own again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If late arriving we wouldn’t set up fully, I’m not sure we’d even plug in. We have left our dogs in van and as far as we know, they’re always quiet, when we return there isn’t any barking etc so assume they have been good for the duration. However, I would, if they were noisy, expect that a neighbour would let us know. I would let a neighbour know if their dogs were noisy whilst out. We always ask too, we’re the dogs ok and as yet have always had No noise at all. My point is, let them know, doesn’t have to be nasty, if it was us we’d be all apologetic and prob wouldn’t leave on their own again.
My next door neighbour didnt believe me when I told her that her dog barks non stop when she goes out but it does.It starts ten mins after she leaves and I don't know how but it stops a few mins before she arrives home. Recorded it for her and she was gob smacked.She doesn't leave it now.BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We were 'accosted' in Ardrossan by a chap who were walking their 2 border collies, we'd been shopping for less than an hour in the main street and when we returned the chap was 'hovering' near our MH, at first we thought he was just letting us get out of the way before he went past with his dogs but he was actually gong in the same direction as us, he asked us if it was our MH to which we said yes then had a lot off about us laving our dogs in it on a warm day. We told him they were fine as we'd got the roof vents open but he was a 'know it all' and wouldn't accept they were okay, we even invited him to step inside and see for himself but we just got a load of abuse, being accused of being cruel and he said he was going to call the Police, we told him to do so as we weren't going anywhere as it was lunchtime so we were going to have some nosh before moving on.

The one who was actually cruel was the chap for walking his long haired dogs in hot weather as they were panting.

When we went in the MH it was cooler than outside (just as we knew it would be) and the dogs just looked at us as if to say who was the nutter outside who had disturbed their snoozing!!!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This may be a really stupid question but what is a full set up?
We put on the handbrake, turn the engine off, turn the seats and sometimes plug in the hook up. What else is there?
Put the kettle on.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
I absolutely must have the MoHo level, very experienced now, takes 3-4 minutes with the ramps and my spirit level. EHU doesn’t make any appreciable noise when connecting, swearing at the dog for barking incessantly, now that’s where the plan falls down.......

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Why have a dog and then leave it?
Because your not always allowed to take it where you are going. Because it’s not nice to take the dog where you are going. Because you don’t want the dog where you are going. Because you can if you want.

I bought my motorhome so I can take my dog, but also so I can leave my dog in it.

Oct 4, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 1999
We sometimes work at shows and exhibitions and may leave our dogs in the motorhome for short periods. Vents open, plenty of water, lots of space to move about and own beds to lie in. All content until some do gooder comes and peeps in the vehicle to ensure that they are 'alright'. Then they go into full vehicle protection mode, barking and up at the windows etc. That indicates that we are inconsiderate dog owners who have abandoned our poor pooches (who actually rule the roost and have a luxury life style!) I know they mean well but it does irritate sometimes.

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome to Milford on Sea. Dogs welcome most places so take them with you.

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
This may be a really stupid question but what is a full set up?
We put on the handbrake, turn the engine off, turn the seats and sometimes plug in the hook up. What else is there?
You forgot to open the beer / wine 🤣

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Why is everyone so insistent on interfering in everyone else's life on here right now.?
So you had your sleep disrupted for a few minutes, and they have a dog that barks.

Have you actually seen what's happening in the world?

Jeez, I wish some people would walk the shoes off others sometimes.

Reading this and mitzimad post about someone being annoyed at music being played at 2pm I wonder if some people have no compression of the spirit of motorhoming anymore.

If I don't like something I unplug and move, I chose places that suit my needs.

So yes you are being precious in my view... but just to clarify you did say you wanted opinions .

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
My next door neighbour didnt believe me when I told her that her dog barks non stop when she goes out but it does.It starts ten mins after she leaves and I don't know how but it stops a few mins before she arrives home. Recorded it for her and she was gob smacked.She doesn't leave it now.BUSBY.
I complained to my neighbour when their dog barked from 9-4 non stop when I was home on my day off. Their exact reply was ‘So! What do you expect us to do about it?’ At which point I told them exactly what I expected…

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Possibly a bit precious to answer your direct question
Options
  1. Earplugs
  2. Different Location
  3. Different Hobby

OP
OP
MikeH
Aug 14, 2019
Wilmslow, UK
Funster No
MH
2020 Bessacarr 597
Exp
Yup, seen what’s goin
Why is everyone so insistent on interfering in everyone else's life on here right now.?
So you had your sleep disrupted for a few minutes, and they have a dog that barks.

Have you actually seen what's happening in the world?

Jeez, I wish some people would walk the shoes off others sometimes.

Reading this and mitzimad post about someone being annoyed at music being played at 2pm I wonder if some people have no compression of the spirit of motorhoming anymore.

If I don't like something I unplug and move, I chose places that suit my needs.

So yes you are being precious in my view... but just to clarify you did say you wanted opinions .
Yup, seen what’s been going on in the world thanks from work over the whole pandemic (please don’t make assumptions ). Can’t move as the site is full. Fair enough if folk think I’m being precious. Don’t think many would have wanted to have walked in my shoes over the last couple of years. Like I say please don’t make assumptions.
Points taken though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back