last question of the day has anyone got info on a Hobby Toskana D750 Flc (1 Viewer)

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Last question of the day
Has anyone got or seen or heard any good points and bad points of a Hobby Toskana D750 flc

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont know if no replies is good or bad, sorry cant help really other than I think Hobby have a pretty good reputation, Fiat base vehicle so same as about 80% of the vans on the road.

Martin

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Last question of the day
Has anyone got or seen or heard any good points and bad points of a Hobby Toskana D750 flc

I've had one for over 3 years now. A few 'teething problems' but that's about par for the course with any new van it seems. Have yet to find a van I like better. It's generally well-made, good payload, perfect layout (for us, anyway), a pleasure to drive.

Good points and bad points tend to be a bit subjective. Any specific questions, ask away. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Maz thanks. you will regret saying I can ask questions lol
We have never had a motorhome before
Only touring caravans, so trying to find the perfect one that will fit all occasions, this looks very close to that right one.

How easy is it to drive and park up ect?

What mpg do you get?

Are there any things we need to look at when viewing the one we have spotted (any know problems)?

How hard easy is it to make up the front bed (on the odd occasion the kids come with us)?

Thanks in advance
Michelle x

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
How easy is it to drive and park up ect?

What mpg do you get?

Are there any things we need to look at when viewing the one we have spotted (any know problems)?

How hard easy is it to make up the front bed (on the odd occasion the kids come with us)?

Hi Michelle. I find it easy enough to drive but if you're not used to driving a large vehicle you will need to pay particular attention to its length when turning (watch in your mirrors to see what the back end is doing). Width isn't much of an issue as you soon get a feel for that - again use your nearside mirror to see how far out you are from the kerb.

No idea on mpg as I'm one of those people who have never clocked it on any vehicle - life's too short! ::bigsmile: I drive with a light right foot and read the road ahead - that way I figure the mpg is as good as it's going to get.

My van was a stock van and had therefore been hanging around for a while at the dealer's before I bought it. That may be why I had a succession of water leaks from the rather cheap and nasty pipe connectors and manifolds. Eventually I lost patience and insisted they were changed for simple T-connectors and jubilee clips - no leaks since (touch wood).

The Dometic TecTower (fridge/freezer/oven combination) was not properly sealed resulting in draughts (and fumes when running on gas). Had to argue with both Hobby and the dealer to get it sealed properly. This is not specifically a Hobby issue - many manufacturers seem incapable of fitting a fridge correctly - no doubt saving money by cutting corners on the production line. If I was buying again I would make it a condition of sale that the fridge was proven to be properly sealed.

The handles on the underbed locker are prone to sticking. Condensation gets into the wood around the handles, causing the wood to swell and press on them, making them stick rather than spring open. Solution is to remove the handles and seal the wood around the cutout and lock mechanism.

As with any used van, get it checked for damp before buying. Hobbies are not known for having damp problems and our van has tested clear of damp on each annual habitation check but you can never be too careful.

I have never made up the front bed but from what I've heard it's one of the trickier ones and a bit of a jigsaw puzzle. Get the owner/salesman to demonstrate for you.

Hope the above helps. :Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
michpiggy

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285