LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds good to me, enjoy it, good when a plan comes together, keep us posted on your adventures. :)

Upvote 0

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Me jealous much? Oh yes indeed, THIS much at the very least!

Have a brilliant time (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have a fantastic time Tess.
Hope everything goes to plan , and that you all have a fantastic time. Enjoy. X

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
Hi all,

Currently in Central Brittany (Pontivy area) into our second week of our travels and loving the cider/food/friendly locals and beautiful scenery. Will be staying around 'Lac du Guerledan' then moving nearer the coast @ end of month (after the French go back to work) and then move further south. Only gripe is the weather.....very sketchy (so unlike Blighty lol) we have been using our French lessons learned from my inlaws who live locally and even the kids are getting the hang of 'please/thank you/can I have another cider/where's the HP etc..' Will post the odd pic when I get a chance.
Bye for now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
(y)I may have to go back for the odd outage to pay the fuel/food/wine bill......but I will try to hold on till the Rugby World Cup :)

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Year 14 now and we love it. Would not have time for work now..BUSBY:D:D

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I am really, really sorry to tell you this, especially as it is none of my business, but if...

"who knows my numbers may come in"

...refers to the National or Euro Lottery let me assure you they won't. :(

JJ :cool:

Why not, i know odds are bad but a pal of mines daughter won £90000 three months ago...nice amount.:):)

Upvote 0

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Heading La Rochelle/Rochefort area, anyone stayed there or have any tips ?
Cheers.
Last year we stayed at the aire just off Avenue Jean Moulin, La Rochelle (N46°09.188, W001°08.399). No electric there but a very good location next to the Park & Ride. We paid 10.50 euros for one night but that includes return bus tickets for up to 4 people into the centre of La Rochelle. (Town parking bans motorhomes). Entry to the aire is closed on a Sunday but you are able to exit. Had a good night's sleep there and La Rochelle was well worth seeing. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Don't know how I ever found time to go to work. Congrats, and enjoy.....IT'S GREAT!!(y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I second Rob and Val's comments about Ave Jean Moulin P&R.

If you like well-executed graffiti (some do), spare a moment to visit the parking area off Rue de l'Armide, between the main harbour and the Maritime Museum. The more conventional attractions in La Rochelle are good too - my better half swears by the shops. I tend to swear when she's late back from the shops.

The Ile de Re is worth a day or three of your time if you've not been before, and the much smaller Ile Madame (access via tidal causeway) is quite interesting too, although maybe only a day's worth at the most.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
Last year we stayed at the aire just off Avenue Jean Moulin, La Rochelle (N46°09.188, W001°08.399). No electric there but a very good location next to the Park & Ride. We paid 10.50 euros for one night but that includes return bus tickets for up to 4 people into the centre of La Rochelle. (Town parking bans motorhomes). Entry to the aire is closed on a Sunday but you are able to exit. Had a good night's sleep there and La Rochelle was well worth seeing. Enjoy!
Thanks for the reply will check it out as we are making our way down the Atlantic Coast to San Sebastián via Biarritz.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
I DID NOT say nobody wins on the Lottery(s)...

I posted Dr Wolfenstein won't.

If anyone thinks he will win a life changing amount let's have a bet on it.

Any takers?

Cheers JJ you are drier than a bottle of Gin (y)

Reactions: JJ
Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks for the reply will check it out as we are making our way down the Atlantic Coast to San Sebastián via Biarritz.

In which case I can recommend the aire by the beach at Anglet, which is on the Navette-Plages bus route into Biarritz, and on the cycle track that runs by the River Adour into Bayonne. We'll be down there ourselves in a few weeks' time. There's another aire on the south side of Biarritz at Avenue Milady, with a beach nearby, EHU points, similar bus access, and is close to a supermarket, but if it's busy it gets a bit like a sardine tin. On balance we prefer Anglet, which has more spacious bays, and a couple of mini supermarkets not too far away. The aire at La Barre which is also handy will probably be shut outside August.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dr Wolfenstein

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
I second Rob and Val's comments about Ave Jean Moulin P&R.

If you like well-executed graffiti (some do), spare a moment to visit the parking area off Rue de l'Armide, between the main harbour and the Maritime Museum. The more conventional attractions in La Rochelle are good too - my better half swears by the shops. I tend to swear when she's late back from the shops.

The Ile de Re is worth a day or three of your time if you've not been before, and the much smaller Ile Madame (access via tidal causeway) is quite interesting too, although maybe only a day's worth at the most.
Many thanks putting them in our little book and to do list.(y)

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Heading La Rochelle/Rochefort area, anyone stayed there or have any tips ?
Cheers.

If you have bikes with you I would definitely go across the bridge from La Rochelle , to Ile-de-Rae, a dream for cycling miles of safe cycle ways hugging the beautiful little villages well worth some of your time, it's one of the few places we keep going back to. Good to hear you are enjoying your retirement.

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I DID NOT say nobody wins on the Lottery(s)...

I posted Dr Wolfenstein won't.

If anyone thinks he will win a life changing amount let's have a bet on it.

He dosent need to win the lottery, Mr JJ. He invented a very popular PC game a few years ago.

header.jpg

Reactions: JJ
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back