Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
tough one this, but i cant find instructions on how to remove the beep on the alarm. When arriving back to motorhome on quiet sites I feel guilty that deactivating alarm makes loud beeps (well its loud at 1am in the morning) :Blush:. Ive got the actual instructions but no reference is made to removal of beeps. Anyone got one of these and managed to deactivate beeps. Ive tried to contact laserline via web site but e-mail doesnt work,

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I woudnt worrry about it too much if I were you. Its a common enough sound and blends well with people snoring and is no where near as bad as the slam dunk of a pvc door closing.

Jim
:winky:

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
You need the installation instructions, as opposed to the user one. It lists all the enable / disable options and I'm sure that the beep can be turned off.

I insisted that the installer left it with me when the alarm was installed, but haven't got that van any more and the instructions went with it. But I'm sure that Laserline or one of their installers will let you have a copy.

Roly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Door closing

I woudnt worrry about it too much if I were you. Its a common enough sound and blends well with people snoring and is no where near as bad as the slam dunk of a pvc door closing.

Jim
:winky:

Id forgot about that, the PVC door closing is the next big noise to worry about!!, maybe I should be thinking of buying a motorhome sized ball of cotton wool, I could drive into it so I could muffle the noises of beeps and door closing! :Doh:

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
installation instructions

You need the installation instructions, as opposed to the user one. It lists all the enable / disable options and I'm sure that the beep can be turned off.

I insisted that the installer left it with me when the alarm was installed, but haven't got that van any more and the instructions went with it. But I'm sure that Laserline or one of their installers will let you have a copy.

Roly

Thanks Roly, ill see if I can find them, I do have a lot of documentation which came with the motorhome, not sure if there were installation instructions, I stopped looking after finding user instructions.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i have a alarm fitted the same as in your van .you can turn of the bleep .
the instructions are in my van and its in for a service not back for a week .
if you would like to phone peter on 01709 701027 he will help you .say david
from rawmarsh as past your number on :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi

I've got the instruction book but it doesn't tell you how to disable the beeps as it's done at the installation stage I assume!

However, I've done a Google search and come up with the following which have info in which might be what you need (acoustic tones exclusion):

Look at page 11 on this one:

Link Removed

See page 8 on this one:

Link Removed

Mel

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
ta for help

Hi

I've got the instruction book but it doesn't tell you how to disable the beeps as it's done at the installation stage I assume!

However, I've done a Google search and come up with the following which have info in which might be what you need (acoustic tones exclusion):

Look at page 11 on this one:

Link Removed

See page 8 on this one:

Link Removed

Mel

Thanks Mel, ill give this a go, Its not in my user guide for some reason. I know they are different model numbers to mine but it would make sense (wouldnt it??) to have the same method of beep removal across the range. Mind you these two are slightly different. Ill give them a try and thanks for your help in responding....ill report back :thumb:

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
thanks

i have a alarm fitted the same as in your van .you can turn of the bleep .
the instructions are in my van and its in for a service not back for a week .
if you would like to phone peter on 01709 701027 he will help you .say david
from rawmarsh as past your number on :thumb:

Hi and thanks for help and the knowledge that I will be able to remove those noisy bleeps...Ive had some instructions given by Mel and ill try them, if they dont work do I need to ring Peter after your vans come back for a service or sooner??

ta in advance

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
you can ring peter any time he will always give you good advice .
and any one that wants a alarm fitting at home or work he comes highly recommended

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back