Las Dunas, Costa Brava, Spain Aug 2008 (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
How about this? Las Dunas, Costa Brava, Spain August 2008

We could be here for the last two weeks of August along with Jimjam and several others who are enroute to Morocco.

We thought it might be a good idea for a summer holiday 'meet'. As well as those travelling on to Morroco this would be great for anyone not going to Morroco but who are looking to have a holiday in Spain.

Register your initial interest on this thread and we will take it from there!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is a vast site but has great facilities, it is just 30 minutes into Spain on the Bay of Roses. Link Removed There is a private beach a couple of pools and a supermarket, kids clubs, and dogs are allowed on one end of the beach.

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
silly question time, we have never done anything like travelling abroad with camper, so what is the sort of cost you are looking at? just a guestimate would give us an idea if it is possible for us??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I can't answer your question about costs as I don't know yet. I hope someone else will answer about the fuel costs.

I can say that it seems like a perfect place to holiday with children and it would be great to see you there with Mathew!

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
we wouldn't bring recorders :ROFLMAO:

well we are interested, obviously once someone has some kind of idea of costs then we would then be able to say for sure,

but show us as interested

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Very pleased to hear it, will put your names on the interested parties list!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Debbie, Basic budgeting would include

Dover to Lasdunas is around 780 miles each way
Ferries vary enormously but for a car and camper budget around £100 return
Campsite fees around £25 - £30 per day

Hope this helps

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
v interested, will have to ok with hubby as I am not allowed to tow on my licence so he would be doing all the driving, but I am sure he could be persueded ::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah we're interested have always wanted to stay at this site in fact was asking Jim all about it on the weekend.

Looks like a great stop off on the Road to Morocco :thumb:

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Lugnutt and Forestboy added to the interested list! Will give more details when I have them.

Hasta luego and all that!

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Dave,

I don't know about cheaper ferry crossings for block bookings and whether it would be possible.

This will be our very first trip abroad in our RV so we are on a very steep learning curve!

Maybe one of the veterans can help us?

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
you can only get cheep feery crosings if you are a share holder with po the other way is portsmouth to bilbo then 450 miles then you are at las dunas

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks Lyndon, that a good tip.

Because we are using it as a pre-Morocco tour meet we plan to make our way through France and spain and so are looking at a Dover to Calais crossing at the moment :Smile:

Suzy

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
silly question time, we have never done anything like travelling abroad with camper, so what is the sort of cost you are looking at? just a guestimate would give us an idea if it is possible for us??

Hi Poor Relations,
Definitely not a silly question, it's one that is asked frequently. Speaking for myself. Over the last two trips in 2006 and 2007, for a 3 month stay in Spain and Portugal cost us £1500. This includes, diesel, food, cigs: (we are smokers) and expense money, i.e. postcards, occassional meal out, odd drink at a bar. On both trips, we travelled from Cornwall to Germany and then drove to Spain and Portugal. Each trip was 11000 KM. Most of the money when on fuel. Note: We did not pay a penny on Sites, (Wilding on beaches). Ferries, I pay on line, not included in the £1500. Hope this will give you a fair idea.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish

Hi folks,
We've been to the area a couple of times,
Ferries vary between £120 and £38 for a 6mtr coachbuilt depending on time of day
and time of year, august=most expensive=book early
We generally get through three tanks of diesel each way due to my lead-boots :Blush:
At las-dunas this year august was 36euros per night plus 7%vat.
I don't know the size of your unit but i'd budget about £800 + spendies
P&O just quoted £156 for me + £253 site fees (2007 prices) + 3 tanks derv each way=£50 each + 90 euros tolls if you stay on the autoroute.

Hope that helps......nige

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ferries

Hi

I heard a few people saying they would fill their freezers etc before setting off to Morocco. Don't forget the freezer will not work if you are on board the Pride of Bilbao as the gas needs to be switched off.

As for group deals, all the operators have a groups reservations department. I still have a "cash" account with P&O from the coaching days, but my money would be on the best deals being at SeaFrance.

Speedferries should have their newer, larger vessel in service by then.

Russell

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we always travel with norfolk lines dover/dunkerque and its only 24mls north of calais.
£99 return july just gone for 7mtr kontiki + 2 people. it was about the same for a 6.5mtr twin axle caravan and doublecab pickup. that was 6am sail on a saturday, return 8am saturday.
fuel prices are around the same as home for petrol and diesel is around 3/4 our price in france but can be as low as 55p ltr for diesel in spain but you dont really know what your buying, probably very poor quality.:Eeek:
you should get some idea of cost from this.

john

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for that John that's really helpful!

Don't you just love this site ::bigsmile:

we always travel with norfolk lines dover/dunkerque and its only 24mls north of calais.
£99 return july just gone for 7mtr kontiki + 2 people. it was about the same for a 6.5mtr twin axle caravan and doublecab pickup. that was 6am sail on a saturday, return 8am saturday.
fuel prices are around the same as home for petrol and diesel is around 3/4 our price in france but can be as low as 55p ltr for diesel in spain but you dont really know what your buying, probably very poor quality.:Eeek:
you should get some idea of cost from this.

john

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back