Large necked jerry can to hold contents of a full loo. (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
On our last visit abroad, we saw a Dutchman empty his toilet cassette into a plastic jerry can. This gave him another few days without having to find a place to discharge his cassette.. Any body know where we can source one with a large enough access cap to get the spout of the loo inside please ?? It beats having to buy/carry another cassette..(our loo holds 17 ltrs)
Thanks in anticipation.. Mitch.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Screwfix

Broken Link Removed

edit.. just noticed you said large neck, maybe not then
That it not wide necked,I think you may have seen something more like this one Broken Link Removed

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
More hygenic to simply carry a spare cassette surely?

The most economical way to buy one is to google 'your toilet model fresh up kit'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your efforts Jim, but the last link to the caravan waste container didn't work..
Thanks Bigfoot, thats the sort of thing, but not at £88.. Thank you both anyway.. Mitch..
And thanks Jon, but if the spout goes inside the neck of the jerry can then its not UN hygenic and a jerry can is a lot safer to stash away in a locker.. In my opinion..

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You need a Moroccan washing machine. Its a plastic tub with a screw top, about 6 inches across. I think the correct name is an olive jar but we used to use them for putting washing in with a little water and soap powder, then tie it onto the bike rack when in transit. When you arrive the washing is done.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder why I can't get it to work ?? Thanks Allan.

Snowbird !!! Why would I want to empty my loo into my washing machine mate ???

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for your efforts Jim, but the last link to the caravan waste container didn't work..
Thanks Bigfoot, thats the sort of thing, but not at £88.. Thank you both anyway.. Mitch..
And thanks Jon, but if the spout goes inside the neck of the jerry can then its not UN hygenic and a jerry can is a lot safer to stash away in a locker.. In my opinion..

An opinion to which you are entitled and I fully agree with!

To allay any fears, we have carried a spare for over 4 years in our garage and never had a leak! Fiamma do an underslung cradle for cassettes, but we don't fancy trying to empty a frozen cassette when skiing!!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i know what snowy means . its a plastic tub sold in almost every moroccan market place .
you will find if you dont pee in the toilet it last alot longer . also doesnt smell so much .
many have learnt its the way to make toilet emptying not so frequent.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you all very much.. Critical to have a big hole so that the spout of the loo fits in it..

Resist the temptation to turn this into an inuendo ridden thread !! You know you can !!

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
SNOWBIRD !! the penny has just dropped when I re-read your entry .. Olive jar !!! THAT.. is the name of the damn thing I am after !! SO sorry I mocked earlier mate..
GROVEL GROVEL.
PS where has the "Thanks button" gone ???

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you drill a hole through the floor of your van, buy a funnel and connect a longish length of plastic tubing, push tubing through hole in floor, ready made urinal, works for both male and female and you'll only ever have to empty the cassette for "big jobs".

Or you could just buy a spare cassette like I've done!!:LOL:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
SNOWBIRD !! the penny has just dropped when I re-read your entry .. Olive jar !!! THAT.. is the name of the damn thing I am after !! SO sorry I mocked earlier mate..
GROVEL GROVEL.
PS where has the "Thanks button" gone ???
Old motorhomers rule as JJ would say. Some of us are not quite as daft as we look (y). Those Moroccan olive jars hold about 50 litres. If your not going to Morocco, try a home brew shop, they have something similar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back