Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Transverse means that one of you will be pinned against a wall and need to seek permission to get out.
My van has a transverse island bed. Either of us can get out and walk around the bed without disturbing the other.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My van has a kingsize transverse at rear ...height adjustable

A kingsize drop down over the cab

And a bed can be made from the lounge area that measures 6 foot 5 by 7 foot

It's also available for sale :p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
My Moho has a N to S island bed 5 ft wide . So they are available if I remember in the Chasson , Carardo, Pilote,Sunlight and Hymer .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Twin beds, full width bathroom, proper job.(y)
Hobby 700.

image.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
That's one of the reasons we're changing our camper from a transverse double to 2 x singles, I find trying to hurl myself up and then having to do a somersault over hubby to get in the far side a bit awkward now ... especially since he put on weight ... it's like trying to jump over a small mountain! :oops:
With some forward planning, you could turn it into a pole vaulting event?:rolleyes:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Iexo it734 electric longitude bed at front
Massive width and length

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
Here's a slight change of direction in the thread;

We've full timed in our Carthago C Tourer 150 for about 6 months now - we bought the Van new and it has a 'Queen sized island bed' over the garage and I noticed a gap appearing under both wardrobes on the side nearest the bed.

When looking from the outside, the garage ceiling (the bed base) had started to sag in the middle due to us laying in it every night. Now I'm no Rick Waller and weigh 14 stones and my Wife weighs about 9 stones wet through so I didn't expect this to happen.

The bed base was reinforced with a piece of 10mm Ply which I've removed and replaced with a 40mm ally box section which has pulled everything back in line.

My point is - you need to think how a bed will cope with full timing, not just the lay out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Here's a slight change of direction in the thread;

We've full timed in our Carthago C Tourer 150 for about 6 months now - we bought the Van new and it has a 'Queen sized island bed' over the garage and I noticed a gap appearing under both wardrobes on the side nearest the bed.

When looking from the outside, the garage ceiling (the bed base) had started to sag in the middle due to us laying in it every night. Now I'm no Rick Waller and weigh 14 stones and my Wife weighs about 9 stones wet through so I didn't expect this to happen.

The bed base was reinforced with a piece of 10mm Ply which I've removed and replaced with a 40mm ally box section which has pulled everything back in line.

My point is - you need to think how a bed will cope with full timing, not just the lay out.
... or stop the 'energetic' hanky-panky ... :p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back