Laptop keyboard (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Due to my regular laptop being repaired I dragged out my old Dell laptop to use as a substitute. This has not been used for a considerable while so after a battery charge I was pleased it fired up ok. Alas all is not well as there is no response from the keyboard. I can scroll round and get to everything but not type. I checked in the device manager and it says the keyboard is working ok. Have I missed something simple or do you have any suggestions I could try. I thought more pressure on the keys might help, like with the aid of a four pound lump hammer but that will probably come later.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Do you have an old USB keyboard anywhere? That will likely work and allow you to type while your laptop is being repaired.

OP
OP
mushy
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
That's a good idea Jim but this is mainly to see if the old pewter is worth keeping or whether to throw it in the bin. I am using the wife's at the moment but she is worried it will end up like my other two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You may just need to replace the driver for the keyboard, if you can get on the internet with it then see if you can find and install it.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Keep drumming on the keyboard and it may come back to life. Depending on the key technology used you sometime have to work through the oxidized "crust" so that a key connection is made. Sometimes works and sometimes only with some of the keys, but worth a try.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back