LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Having spent today driving the best part of 500 miles on various roads including dual carriageways, motorways with varying speed limits.
All I can say is I’m glad I don’t do it for a living.
Fair play there are some total tw**s about. I can’t even say driving as it doesn’t resemble what I recognise as driving.
I feel for lorry drivers having to deal with these brain dead idiots.

And breath :rolleyes:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Then he should have been driving within the speed limit and within the road limitations and his own abilities in those conditions. It is all too easy to blame others for your own impatience.

How was the car driver not driving within his own abilities or the speed limit also the conditions were good.

Can’t wait for this answer it’s going to be interesting I think.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How was the car driver not driving within his own abilities or the speed limit also the conditions were good.

Can’t wait for this answer it’s going to be interesting I think.
For an answer SF I first have to understand the question....:confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
For an answer SF I first have to understand the question....:confused:

It’s all things mentioned in your post.
Do I have to spell it out, I’m guessing you know the Audibdriver and was in the car at the time?

I even put a question mark in to help you out this time :)

Last edited:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Coming home from the Thetford Bash earlier today along the 3 lane section of the A14, with not a lot of traffic and nothing in lane 3 as we come up on a truck in lane 1.
The truck is doing mid 50's as you would expect and we are doing 62-63 with a a new-ish Land Rover Discovery some 300 yards back in the middle lane at rocket speed.
I indicate for about 5 or so seconds my intentions to pull out to overtake the truck so the Disco can move out to lane 3. I pull out and the Disco keeps on coming in the middle lane slowing up to our bumper and sits there until we have competed overtaking the truck and we indicate and pull back into lane 1, then the Disco accelerates still in the middle lane off into the distance. At no time was there any vehicles visible in lane 3 for half a mile behind to hinder the berk in the Disco from pulling out into lane 3 and overtaking us without deviating from his approach speed.
We have come across this type of middle lane drivers many times before but I can not get my head around what if anything is going through these berks heads.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Coming home from the Thetford Bash earlier today along the 3 lane section of the A14, with not a lot of traffic and nothing in lane 3 as we come up on a truck in lane 1.
The truck is doing mid 50's as you would expect and we are doing 62-63 with a a new-ish Land Rover Discovery some 300 yards back in the middle lane at rocket speed.
I indicate for about 5 or so seconds my intentions to pull out to overtake the truck so the Disco can move out to lane 3. I pull out and the Disco keeps on coming in the middle lane slowing up to our bumper and sits there until we have competed overtaking the truck and we indicate and pull back into lane 1, then the Disco accelerates still in the middle lane off into the distance. At no time was there any vehicles visible in lane 3 for half a mile behind to hinder the berk in the Disco from pulling out into lane 3 and overtaking us without deviating from his approach speed.
We have come across this type of middle lane drivers many times before but I can not get my head around what if anything is going through these berks heads.
I must say that this makes me smile too CCC. It goes further than waiting for you to indicate. That Disco should have been fully aware long before you indicated that you would need to pass that lorry, he should have been making planes to get out into the outside lane long before you needed to pull out to the middle. There are too many drivers who just see the end of there bonnet, anything else comes as a complete surprise to them....:eek::oops:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Having spent today driving the best part of 500 miles on various roads including dual carriageways, motorways with varying speed limits.
All I can say is I’m glad I don’t do it for a living.
Fair play there are some total tw**s about. I can’t even say driving as it doesn’t resemble what I recognise as driving.
I feel for lorry drivers having to deal with these brain dead idiots.

And breath :rolleyes:
Know what you mean, makes you want to live somewhere like sark.haha

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
The middle lane hoggers cause a chicane if only they would think about it. Three lanes behind them, if faster, have to converge into one lane to overtake the nob. Drive on the left unless overtaking! Some people couldn't drive cattle!

Craig

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
As I said in a previous thread - they are called 'CLODS' - centre lane owner drivers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back