Lamin-X Headlight protection đź‘Ť (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Giving her a good clean up today I noticed the Lamin-X protection I put on in 2018 appears to have done it’s job well so far.
The off side headlight has three definite marks that indicates possible stone strikes with a couple of very slight splits appearing and one scuff. Nothing on the near side and no discolouration apparent.
A little tricky to apply in the first place and not cheap but very pleased with it.
6192D95A-87FE-4ACC-89E4-1C1F81499E29.jpeg

OP
OP
Hettie's Crew
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Forgot to add, because of the size and shape of the Hymer headlights I had to order the sheet from the USA on their main website. There are companies that sell it here but it appeared to be cut to size for specific model cars.
I couldn’t find anyone here selling sheets of it at the time, plus it was more expensive here in the UK.
As the sheet had to be quite large to cover the Hymer headlights, I used the off cuts and did the fog lights as well.
A much better option than risking a broken headlight at the ridiculous prices they are.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A much better option than risking a broken headlight at the ridiculous prices they are.
Unfortunately most of the problems with the Almod Eyes is caused by stress not stone chips and nearly alway the nearside headlamp, often goes while the van is parked on the drive overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does it mould easily ovecurved & odd shaped surfaces as the Hymer plastic headlamps are ÂŁ870.

I fitted mine myself, with almost zero practical skill 🤔👍 doesn’t look brilliant from very close but fine from a metre away 👍

quite a curve on the glass lights

bought mine from U.K. think I paid about ÂŁ70, compared to the near ÂŁ3000 I had paid for two lights price was academic

but as Lenny says it’s more stress than chipping, but best to reduce the odds of stone damage 👍

I am convinced it was bad fitting as much as bad lights, I had my second fitted by a car body shop friend who said tension was critical , so far so good, been nearly four years since second one broke đź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hettie's Crew
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Does it mould easily ovecurved & odd shaped surfaces as the Hymer plastic headlamps are ÂŁ870.
You can get it in different thicknesses. From memory I think I used 2mm because it’s a flat surface.
There’s plenty of YouTube videos showing more complicated headlight shapes being done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back