Lake District recommendations

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Dogs' started by Julzie, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Julzie

Julzie Funster

Ratings:
    +27
    Funnily enough, we had done a search like you suggested and we found Ravenglass, looked st it on satellite maps and liked the look of it, plus all the reviews were great, so we booked it - glad to know we did ok LOL

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like it Like it x 1
  2. Julzie

Julzie Funster

Ratings:
    +27

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Julzie

Julzie Funster

Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for all your suggestions, as newbies and the fact that I also suffer with depression and anxiety, I got put off the site in Keswick as the recent reviews said there’d been a change of owner and he was less than pleasant - that would be enough to make me turn tail and run I’m afraid.

After having a good look around we settled on a site in Ravenglass, looking at the satellite maps, we could see the site, how close it was to town and the coast line and all the reviews were fantastic, so we’ve booked to go. Really looking to going, never owned a motorhome and never been to the Lake District

Thanks again for all your suggestions, I’m sure I’ll try them all out at some point xx

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. SteveB123

SteveB123 Funster

Ratings:
    +342
    Keswick ccc site.

5. Charlie9038

Charlie9038 Funster

Ratings:
    +55
    Keswick c&cc, coniston c&m, eskdale all have amazing walks,

6. Stagman

Stagman Funster

Ratings:
    +835
    Gillside caravan and camping. Independent side just on the edge of Glenridding village (ullswater) but dont tell everyone:D2. The owner even does a breakfast van on weekend mornings. Lovely site.
    Tent campers one side and MoHOs with hook up and toilet/showers (plus a few statics) the other side

A few loose sheep on site but fab dog walks out. Theres also a small caravan club site just outside glenridding

Mrs S

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +5,849

And that is an understatement, its like wacky races, at times anybody would think its the only site in the UK open.