May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
::bigsmile:Hi every1

Anyone been to Lake Constance? Visiting family in Germany in August and going there with them. Had a look at a few site on www but not found one that I am impressed with yet. Need electric and would really like a swimming pool.

Does anyone know of such a site and if so a www?

ALSO

Hubby is after a little boat to take on said lake. Anyone selling a dinghy with an engine or similar? Going cheap as poss please.:thumb:

bushman51

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Mainly France
Funster No
Exp
30+
...Anyone been to Lake Constance? ... Had a look at a few site on www but not found one that I am impressed with yet...
Lake Constance/Bodensee IS a problem if it comes to campgrounds - the area there is overbuilt. However, if you tried on the Swiss side you might have a better choice. Coming down from the North, either drive via Radolfzell - Constance into Switzerland or take the ferry across the "Swabian sea" from Meersburg to Constance or from Friedrichshafen to Romanshorn. In Constance, you may overnight on public parking "Döbele" from where the city is in walking distance. Night parking free, day parking a few €. An aire not far from there: Singen (47.76001°N 8.82827°E), parking and water/disposal free!

Best regards from Willy Tell's own country :Smile:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
We went there last year and stayed in Radolfzell. It was a bit manic squashed in but right at the lakeside though (No swimming pool needed) Hubby sailed in his dingy around the lake whilst I lazed in the mayhem. I think all the sites on the German side are a bit full. We were there at the beginning of July and it was so so hot. We left when the thunder started. I would camp on the site again but as I say it was squashed. Cant remember the name of the site but it had a nice restaurant. Not really very good am I:Doh:

But thats where Jims new journal Destinations comes into play (See ad on right side of page) - I will be writing the names down this year.

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
::bigsmile:Hi every1

Anyone been to Lake Constance?

A few years ago we were there. The sites by the lake are overcrowded and expensive.
We stayed at one in the little town of Markburg.
It's not on the lake side, but was much quieter, cheaper, and in a small town with good facilities.
Bodensee (Lake Constance) is excellent; best way to see it is from the ship.

I hope you enjoy your visit - Germany is one of the very best countries for motorhome holidays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back