LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
we are taking our two sons George (20) and Harry (18) down to lake Annecy for the first 2 weeks of July. Giving us a leisurely drive down from Calais of 3 days, we plan to stay 7 nights on the lake before 2 days driving back.

So which is the better campsite? It's between the municipal Le Belvedere or Le Solitaire du Lac?

Anyone been to either? If it was just us we'd stay in the aire but I want to spread the chairs and the awning out, make the boys use the campsite facilities and BBq etc.

Any other suggestions Funsters?

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
we stayed at le belvedere in 2013, even with the old van at 7m, pitches were tight. we had pre booked well in advance and the 1st pitch was tiny with a raised grate in the middle( 12 inches ). we were then given another pitch, was not to bad but there wasn't room to get the awning up. Bar and restaurant on site, 20 minute walk into town down hill all the way. we stayed 3 nights.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I'm booked into Le Belvedere in August. Doesn't sound all that great from what @lou020 says :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Friends have recommended le solitaire, they have stayed there with their son. I've checked they have availability so I think I'll book there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is 1 week too long at Anncy? Where else is near there that would be good?

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
some of the pitches are big enough to put the awning up, but i suppose its pot luck when you arrive.
not a bad site really, we were under/ near trees which wasn't too bad cause it was red hot that August.
oh and just to put you really off, the M/H on the pitch opposite the bar/restaurant had 2 little dogs, i think the owners were doing a breeding thing cause the bloody dogs were always humping & squealing,,, just what i needed to see while having my bacon & eggs at the restaurant in a morning.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Been about 5 years since we visited Annecy, it was late July and we just turned up without booking and stayed here http://www.campinglaravoire.com/en/
Lovely campsite run by Dutch couple, there is a cycle path runs along beside it and about 1/2 mile away there was a motorhome place like a CL never ventured in to find out more info.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
we found 3 days was enough. clairevaux le lac in the jura is a nice lake, we stayed there 5 nights on the way down to Annecy. La Grisiere was the camp site, massive pitches, pedalos with slides,kyaks etc.
we then stayed at Malbuisson on the way back, nice pitches if you can get by the lake,otherwise a bit like butlins,(never been to butlins or pontins but i can imagine)
nice pool though.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for those tips @lou020 i will check them out.

Maybe 7 nights is too long. We normally only spend 2/3 maximum in one place.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We stayed last year with our girls (22 & 18) at
http://www.lesrivesdulac-annecy.com/en/
It's right on the lake side with jettys for swimming/ canoe (you can take your own) and immediately on the cycle path - about 15 minutes into old annecy, but facilities in immediate area including leclerc/ lidl and restaurants. Lots of water sports facilities around. Great cycling to other end of lake also with beaches/sports on route to keep boys occupied.
Campsite very clean facilities, with fair size pitches - make sure you say your motor home size.
Would use again if going that way - we were about 5 days and then went into the mountains on our own, sending the kids back on the TGV and Eurostar ( a different adventure for them). Great train station at annecy, connecting to Lyon and beyond

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Friends have recommended le solitaire, they have stayed there with their son. I've checked they have availability so I think I'll book there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is 1 week too long at Anncy? Where else is near there that would be good?

Some years ago we stayed at a lovely campsite in Divonne-les-Bains just north of Geneva. http://www.camping-le-fleutron.com/en/ It's also a nice drive back along the N5 through the Jura, Morbier and Champagnole. Very handy for going into Switzerland, visiting Geneva or other towns like Nyon, Rolle, etc. You can do a nice drive around the lake and if you avoid motorways you don't have to pay for the motorway permit.
If the Swiss franc hadn't shot up I'd recommend Rolle or Lausanne, both of which have nice campsites right on the lake and ideal for boat trips.
Another campsite we have stayed on a few times is on lac de Narlay in Le Fresnois -

Camping Camp Municipal Le Lac De Narlay
CD 75, Le frasnois, 39130
just before Champagnole. It is so rural and the kids loved it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back