Laika H710 Water Filler Problem | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Laika H710 Water Filler Problem

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 20 in Caravan
Hi All

They say that you never stop learning, and our new (to us) Laika H710 is giving me another education moment... I can't get the water filler cap off !!!
upload_2014-12-21_17-38-23.png
The cap (the bit with in/out on it) turns about 1/8th turn in either direction but otherwise won't budge.

I know I'm generally really ham-fisted, so have been desperately trying to avoid brute force & therefore breaking the damn thing in the process...

So, am I just being a wimp and not turning the cap hard enough, or is there a trick/technique to opeing them?

Cheers

Steve

OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 20 in Caravan
Sorry to be a pain, but has anyone got any ideas?
We're looking to go away next weekend, and I really need to get the fresh water tank opened, cleaned and drained beforehand...
Any suggestions gratefully received...
Thanks
Steve

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Steve, just an idea but turn it to the left, til it stops then try pulling, it may have a seal thats a tight fit, best of luck

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 20 in Caravan
Thanks Eric...

Phew... I just managed to get it undone...:) :):):) It appears it was just jammed...
Stupidly, the cap has to be turned left (just as you suggested Eric) toward the direction that it says "in" :(:(
Anyway, Milton fluid has gone in & cleaning underway...
Thanks again
Steve

Johns Cross
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes