Laika H710 Water Filler Problem (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi All

They say that you never stop learning, and our new (to us) Laika H710 is giving me another education moment... I can't get the water filler cap off !!!
upload_2014-12-21_17-38-23.png

The cap (the bit with in/out on it) turns about 1/8th turn in either direction but otherwise won't budge.

I know I'm generally really ham-fisted, so have been desperately trying to avoid brute force & therefore breaking the damn thing in the process...

So, am I just being a wimp and not turning the cap hard enough, or is there a trick/technique to opeing them?

Cheers

Steve

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Sorry to be a pain, but has anyone got any ideas?
We're looking to go away next weekend, and I really need to get the fresh water tank opened, cleaned and drained beforehand...
Any suggestions gratefully received...
Thanks
Steve

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Steve, just an idea but turn it to the left, til it stops then try pulling, it may have a seal thats a tight fit, best of luck

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Thanks Eric...

Phew... I just managed to get it undone...:) :):):) It appears it was just jammed...
Stupidly, the cap has to be turned left (just as you suggested Eric) toward the direction that it says "in" :(:(
Anyway, Milton fluid has gone in & cleaning underway...
Thanks again
Steve

Deleted User
Hi!

New to the forum and motorhomes in general. A late life adjustment to reduced mobility, so this is toe in the water time and we shall see how it goes.

Anyway, I have the same issue as the OP here (albeit 9 years later) but this is jammed solid, no movement in either direction.

I'm not sure whether arrows on the cap should line up with the mark bottom left, but neither is anywhere near. Also, not sure what "in" and "out" actually means?

Unlike the OP, we have an aquastop hose fitting, which I had presumed was for filling, but it won't take water that way. Confused, but fortunately, we have twin tanks and the other one fills without a problem.

The one with the stuck cap appears to be the main tank.

filler.jpg

Deleted User
Dim panico!

My fingers weren't strong enough, but the end of the handle of my old wooden mallet was just the right size! All open now, but I still don't know what the hose attachment is all about?

filler 2.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Is the hose attachment for when on site so there will be a valve that allows water into your tank, but only when tank drops to a certain level?

Deleted User
Is the hose attachment for when on site so there will be a valve that allows water into your tank, but only when tank drops to a certain level?
I see in the OP that it has been blanked off, so maybe just an alternative means of filling. I'm going to drain everything down over the next few days, flush the tanks and start from scratch.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I see in the OP that it has been blanked off, so maybe just an alternative means of filling. I'm going to drain everything down over the next few days, flush the tanks and start from scratch.
My thinking was that it may be like a caravan setup, where people connect to a mains tap, for their stay and not wang ti keep topping up or driving to tap.

Deleted User
My thinking was that it may be like a caravan setup, where people connect to a mains tap, for their stay and not wang ti keep topping up or driving to tap.
Ah, got it! That would be convenient. I'll reduce the level in that tank and see if the aquastop disengages.

Deleted User
That black bit below the hoselock looks like a switch does that do anythink
That's a plastic sprung button that looks like it should do something, but, if it does, I haven't worked it out yet. It also seems to serve as the backstop for the latch of the lockable flap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back