Laika ecovip 1R toilet question (1 Viewer)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hi

We have a Thetford Marine toilet and in the bathroom next to the loo there is a slide valve handle thingy that I believe empties the top 17 litre tank into the 38 litre tank. I am unsure whether if the handle is up does that mean the valve is open or should it be down to open. In the paperwork I have there are pictures but no instructions on which way this handle should be. Hope I am making sense! If anyone can help that would be great (y)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Put a bucket of water down the loo, pull/push handle, listen. You'll hear the water drop into the next tank when the valve opens, take a note of the position of the handle. You may need to repeat exercise twice (if the valve is already open) but you get the idea. :)

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Tried that but only with a kettle full of water. The handle is in the up position but there still seem to be waste in the top tank. But the level didn't raise either so I am wondering if there is a blockage there or the slide valve handle isn't working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
I have a Laika 4L, on mine the pull handle if up empties into the larger holding tank but then again mine does not have the smaller tank it is an extra.

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks, I now realise that the handle needs to be up but there is till some waste in the smaller tank. I think I may have a blockage or maybe that is just how it is. I have now tried a bucket of water down there and the level doesn't seem to rise so it must be draining to the bottom tank, albeit slowly. Had enough of looking down there with a torch now lol:sicker:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back