Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
FB_IMG_1439991152655.jpg

Bill is great fun and very much a live wire :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like it would be great fun. Strictly speaking; excluding someone because of their gender is against the law, so that cannot happen, but I'd be surprised if such a gathering was challenged here and if it is we'll deal with it then. Have fun ladies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
[QUOTE="Eve, post: 1520878, member: 34925"

Who is UK Bill????[/QUOTE]

UK Bill is on the left ... and one of the crowd of men who laugh a lot :)

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
LumpyandBumpy

LumpyandBumpy

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 months
Hi All

Many thanks for all the positive replies and notes.

Spring next years is good for us as well. Never been to Lyndon Top but have heard from people who say it's lovely. I know the area though, there are lots of walks and cycling and if I remember correctly there is quite a nice pub not too far away.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The rally is a great idea Mags and I really hope it comes off. Too early for me to commit to anything though :)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The rally is a great idea Mags and I really hope it comes off. Too early for me to commit to anything though :)
I think that Lyndon Top is big enough to accept late bookings. They say 'we never turn anyone away' so it'll probably be fine for people to decide at the last minute. It'll be great if you can come - I was thinking of some more ceilidh dancing ;)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Now your talking lol..even though I now will need to consult google for a location

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's about 110 acres.
If you go, try and get the bottom field. Further to empty your loo, but fab views.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's about 110 acres.
If you go, try and get the bottom field. Further to empty your loo, but fab views.

That's field 9. Just to give a idea for anyone who has not been , and 5 minute walk down the lane there is a bird reserve that has nesting Osprey on it and they can been seen from that site along with the resident Barn Owl that flies along the field most evenings.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Seems to me that some people are deliberately trying to derail this thread into an augment. I see nothing wrong with there being a women only meet if that's what someone wants to organise. Personally I like to go round the meets and spend a bit of time with some of my single motorhoming friends, so I hope they continue to come to the general meets.

I really never give it a thought when I see two females, or two males travelling together, I have better things to think about than sticking my nose into someone else's business.

One thing is for sure though, I have a massive amount of admiration for any single motorhomer who travels and sets up by themselves, be it man or women. Long may they continue to feel the sprit and drive to keep going.

Oh and shame on the few ignoramuses that feel they have to make such out of date, small minded comments about single/same sex motorhomes. Two ladies or men travelling together could be sisters/brothers, best friends, mother and daughter, father and son or lovers, what the hell has it got to do with anyone else. Grrrr......steam vented and breath.

Just seen this thread, well said Armytwowheels. You put into words what I was thinking as I read down the comments.

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Well I think it is an accepted fact that we do feel a bit out of it!!!:imoutahere::party2:

I don,t know why,???? That's why I like to know if there are other solo,s going,one for a bit of company and two to get to know more ladies who like to travel like myself.:wine:
And don,t get me started on the impression you give if you travel with a lady friend!!! Assumptions are made. :whistle2::boxing:
Ohh gosh I am taking my Sister out in the motorhome in a couple of weeks time....never thought of that. Maybe I should hang a sign up 'Sisters on tour' lol.

In answer to the original question.....always been part of a couple and recently 'Widowed' so now going it alone rather than giving it up !

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Annette,
It's just because I was very vulnerable just did not expect those comments,as I said I doubt he would have said it to a man,plus if we're partners it would have been non of his business!!!
Just waiting for the return match:boxing::boxing: this lady is further down the line now ,forgiven him,but not forgotten.
Well I think it is an accepted fact that we do feel a bit out of it!!!:imoutahere::party2:

I don,t know why,???? That's why I like to know if there are other solo,s going,one for a bit of company and two to get to know more ladies who like to travel like myself.:wine:
And don,t get me started on the impression you give if you travel with a lady friend!!! Assumptions are made. :whistle2::boxing:

So you enjoy your girly holiday with your SIL ,you will have a great time.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I am very interested too but don't want to commit and then back out as it so far ahead yet and a lot going on here.... Sounds like it will be brilliant .. :)
Joy, several people are putting their names down as 'possible'. Please add yours to the list - it's no problem if you have to cancel. We'll finalise the list next year much nearer the time. Mags x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back