Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Me too!! Love wine and cheese,cannot think of anything better than sitting by the water,with a glass of wine,.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Would this lady funster be invited??
image.jpg

I think she was a retired caravan club site warden....

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think she still is a warden thats what they do when they realize you have a mh :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Sounds a good spot to me- 4 1/2 hour journey without stops so I can just bimble on up. Not sure when anyone was thinking of but I know I would be free from mid september if it was for this year :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I really can not understand when someone starts a genuine thread whatever the subject, then it gets hijacked and goes of track, (I know it debate and it's part of Fun) :rolleyes: Hope you manage to get one organised one good outcome would be that when attending the other rallies you would already have got to no other lady Motorhomers that you may miss on the rally otherwise. I think the site you are thinking of
at Rutland Water is Lynton Top. Great site and was only £7 a night when we went there earlier in the year.
Good luck with getting it off the ground.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I really can not understand when someone starts a genuine thread whatever the subject, then it gets hijacked and goes of track, (I know it debate and it's part of Fun) :rolleyes: Hope you manage to get one organised one good outcome would be that when attending the other rallies you would already have got to no other lady Motorhomers that you may miss on the rally otherwise. I think the site you are thinking of
at Rutland Water is Lynton Top. Great site and was only £7 a night when we went there earlier in the year.
Good luck with getting it off the ground.

Thanks Carol. You made us feel so welcome at Chester and understand what Forums like this are all about. Mags x

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I think the site at Lynton Top is in Devon. Broken Link Removed near Rutland - similar but a long way apart ;)
It looks great.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
OK girls, I'm feeling the urge to get involved in organising this get together. Does anyone want to join me in the planning? The only thing is that we're away for most of the rest of the year so it would have to be spring / early summer next year if Shirley and I were to be able to do it. How does that sound? If you want to do one in the autumn that's great too but we'll be in Spain or somewhere else warm. ;)
It's starting to sound like a fun thing to do.
I used to do a lot of youth work and plan all kinds of outings and residentials so I was thinking that this couldn't be much harder than that LOL. See the post above this for a link to the Lyndon Top site.
Mags

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I'd be happy to help Mags- opposite ends of the country but that's the beauty of technology :). Spring/ early summer would work for me too, guess it is a bit late in the day for something this year- it was me getting carried away in the moment and not wanting to miss out ...sorry!

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
Spring/Early Summer works for me (van will be ready end November). If something is done before then, I would only be able to attend in a tent, and that is absolutely not appropriate for a Motorhome meet!!!

@Bridget there is potential to recruit for Rust to Rome here ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
My two pennarth re dates - could you try to avoid mid to end of June please - assuming the Weymouth & Corfe meets will be roughly the same as this year. Popeyes New Forest meet is going to be tagged to the start or end of both meets.
Cheers:)
.....I appreciate that it's going to be difficult getting a date to suit everone.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
The location sounds great and could be a follow on from the Peterborough show to minimise extra travel. Even if the dates couldn't be tied in I'm still up for it.
Hope it all comes together. Thanks for taking this on.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I want to attend Bagwell,Corfe and New Forest,don,t know when Peterborough is,but would suit me fine if I could go from rally to rally!!
This is turning out to be an excellent idea,would be smashing to meet lots of ladies,:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Peterborough motorhome show will be 15th to the 17th April next year- could this be a working around date? Really looking forward to this :)

@LesleyC - how right you are! Think I have same problem as you with friends and school holidays-date for next year is 3rd July

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi All

Thanks for all of your replies - keep them coming.

It looks like we may have enough interested in doing a rally at some point. That would be great and I'll look forward to it. The only problem would be when and where then :happy: Suggestions anyone?
Well you know where we are and lots of room, I can leave you all to it so no problems there.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
It's a long way from the north,but never say never,if I work next year,s rallies out,I might just make Devon,never been to the Eden project ,!!! To busy going abroad. I tend to chase the sun!!.:cooler:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Would like to join in if dates are for next year again avoiding the New Forest meet (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The location sounds great and could be a follow on from the Peterborough show to minimise extra travel. Even if the dates couldn't be tied in I'm still up for it.
Hope it all comes together. Thanks for taking this on.

Will get John to bring his KTM then he can bu**er off home on that and leave me with the van. ::bigsmile:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@scotzsue, sounds like a plan. Alternatively pack him off with a tent and he can stay somewhere else!!!!

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
living in Somerset and having gone back to work pt after a year off ( as hubby passed away) i tend to go within 2/3 hours of home. Plus i work fridays and finish at 4.30. Cannot commit yet as do not know what hol i will have next year

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's just banter that doesn't always come across in the written word lol
I wouldn't have a problem with an all male or female meet.
Don't know which one UK bill would attend ha ha

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
But which one would Old Mo attend - both??

I would love a girly meet but as we live in our van I cannot leave Colin anywhere.............nah, I really can't, it wouldn't be fair. Thought about it for a while though:rolleyes:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I honestly don,t think any man would be up for it, I don,t know how many women we would get,but you have to admit we can chatter away,on any subject,most men are limited in there conversation, ( no offence ment )

Who is UK Bill????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back