Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I agree completely ,

The conversation went, are you friends,ans... Yes been friends for 35 years......realised what he was saying added,we both widows.......
Reply well if you were that way inclined ,you would be the butch one......,what you have to ask your self would he have said that to ,two men friends......:boxing::boxing:... I was gobsmacked:Eeek:.

I have forgiven the comments,but it does make you think,who else is forming ideas about you,even before you have been introduced.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
well if you were that way inclined ,you would be the butch one......,

I have forgiven the comments,but it does make you think,who else is forming ideas about you,even before you have been introduced.

What an outrageous thing to say! You've done well to forgive him.

Your post is a timely reminder to us all about making judgements.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
let me know when the solo ladies meet is on ill be there :whistle:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Speaking as a bloke I think it's a shame some of you girls feel this way. (Although I can understand it having seen some of the comments you've experienced). Don't judge us all as ignorami though. Most of us do appreciate you and think it would be a duller greyer and boring place without you. You're often our best friends! :cheers:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
My partner's mother asked who does the housework and who looks after the garden. Seemed a simple enough question until we realised she was asking who was the man about the house. Lol Very hurtful though to be categorised as the butch one though. Ignorant.

OP
OP
LumpyandBumpy

LumpyandBumpy

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 months
Hi All

Thanks for all of your replies - keep them coming.

It looks like we may have enough interested in doing a rally at some point. That would be great and I'll look forward to it. The only problem would be when and where then :happy: Suggestions anyone?

Speaking as a bloke I think it's a shame some of you girls feel this way.

Yes it is a shame isn't it. But I'm glad to say not all men are the same and there are just a few that let the side down - so to speak. We have met some wonderful people of all genders on our travels and that makes up for the sad few that can't seem to stop being numpties :)

well if you were that way inclined ,you would be the butch one
Wow - that is even more offensive than what happened to us, although I could imagine it being the same person :eek:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Speaking as a bloke I think it's a shame some of you girls feel this way. (Although I can understand it having seen some of the comments you've experienced). Don't judge us all as ignorami though. Most of us do appreciate you and think it would be a duller greyer and boring place without you. You're often our best friends! :cheers:
I second this statement well said:clap2:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I'm the one without the 'tache (well most of the time ) Like to get out and about in the van on my own, and have traveled with female friends and had the comments. wonder of 2 blokes would get similar comments when they travel together? Speak to as many people as i can when out and about, get friendly and not so friendly whether as a single, couple - male/female or female/female, only reflection is on the response one gets.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
So your not the butch one then :Eeek:, lol.

Seriously I don,t think he will make that remark again!!!! But given my situation,that it was only 6 months since I lost my husband plus felt vulnerable ,it did make me question is everyone thinking the same thing!!! We did continplate dancing about in the van to get it rocking,!!!:party2:at least it's just not me.

Takes all sorts !!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Not all men are chauvinist pigs with attitudes from years gone by. Just like not all women beat the feminist drum and want to be treated like they are special

Don't allow a bad experience with one idiot spoil your enjoyment of motorhoming with such a lovely diverse club

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I went to a C&CC THS and was asked by the guy of the couple pitched next to me "How long have you been on your own?" A bit of a peculiar question followed by "Do you get spoilt by other people all the time when you're camping?" . Not sure if they were after a threesome :Eeek: :Eeek::Eeek:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I went to a C&CC THS and was asked by the guy of the couple pitched next to me "How long have you been on your own?" A bit of a peculiar question followed by "Do you get spoilt by other people all the time when you're camping?" . Not sure if they were after a threesome :Eeek: :Eeek::Eeek:

Takes all sorts, if their is a chance of being 'spoilt' as a lone camper may just take it up permanently lol

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Yes, we definitely are one of "them" - assuming your mean female that is :)

The question came about as we were discussing a rather unfortunate incident from the night before, when one of the male members acted in a quite inappropriate manner. Sadly, this wasn't the only occasion in the short time we were there. The discussion led to the suggestion of having a female only rally. This would be open to any female regardless of anything other than they had a motorhome and were female. One of the things that was also discussed is that single women have felt ignored by female partners of binary couples, once it was realised that they were on their own.

We just wanted to open it up for discussion and to see if there was any mileage in suggesting such a rally.

What are binary couples please I''m hoping its not derogatory :unsure:

maddy1

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Leyland daf 45ti 130
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good to see you girls going it alone, I've been trying for a while (I am a man lol) although not on my own, I'll have my son and my dog (her name is morgan) with me, all i can say is well done and take care.

OP
OP
LumpyandBumpy

LumpyandBumpy

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 months
I can't help but think that if someone suggested a rally or meet where women were specifically not welcome because they are women there would be uproar.

Double standards?

Hi NickNic

As the person who started this thread, I wouldn't have any issue at all with a "men only" rally if you felt you wanted to have one. Why not suggest in on the forum? At the end of the day, it will only go ahead if enough members were interested.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi NickNic

As the person who started this thread, I wouldn't have any issue at all with a "men only" rally if you felt you wanted to have one. Why not suggest in on the forum? At the end of the day, it will only go ahead if enough members were interested.

Personally I couldn't care less as I don't go to rallies but you know as well as I do what would happen if someone suggested it. To say otherwise is nonsense.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Sometimes gender specific events are a very positive thing and a men only event might be a fun thing to do. I think people get upset when there is a permanent ban on one gender or other group in society e.g. the way some golf clubs used to operate.

OP
OP
LumpyandBumpy

LumpyandBumpy

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 months
Personally I couldn't care less as I don't go to rallies but you know as well as I do what would happen if someone suggested it. To say otherwise is nonsense.

Come on, really!! and you don't go to rallies?

Sometimes gender specific events are a very positive thing

I couldn't agree more :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Personally I think that excluding someone because of their gender is on a par with excluding someone because of their race.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Personally I think that excluding someone because of their gender is on a par with excluding someone because of their race.

I agree with that in most circumstances but men and women have separate social events all the time. This feels like the kind of circular argument that gets everyone wound up for no good reason. Please go ahead and have a men's weekend - it's not a problem.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes, okay, whatever. If that's what you think. o_O

Well if I'm wrong explain the difference.

Tell me why it's OK to say you aren't welcome at this event because you are a man/woman where obviously usually using a racial designation wouldn't be?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I agree with that in most circumstances but men and women have separate social events all the time. This feels like the kind of circular argument that gets everyone wound up for no good reason. Please go ahead and have a men's weekend - it's not a problem.

Separate social events yes of course based on interest. But to be militant about it and say you can't come only because you are a man/woman/ginger/Man Utd fan/smoker/whatever is unacceptable in my opinion.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Separate social events yes of course based on interest. But to be militant about it and say you can't come only because you are a man/woman/ginger/Man Utd fan/smoker/whatever is unacceptable in my opinion.
And of course you are fully entitled to your opinion. There was no militant opinion stated here until this thread deteriorated into an accusation that women would be up in arms. The women are not up in arms. A man is. Enough already.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
the way some golf clubs used to operate

That's not a good example. Almost all golf clubs don't operate like that any more and in almost all of them since they changed the female membership has dropped dramatically. The reason given, based on talking to former lady players, is that when the clubs were male only membership wives of members could play for free. Now that isn't the case and they have to pay full membership and green fees huge numbers of them won't pay and so don't play any more.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Did anyone suggest a just women event?????, I thought a solo event was suggested,it's just that women solo,s are replying to this thread,

I think one solo man replied .

As for the gentleman who doesn't,t go on any rallies, you don,t know what your missing:party2:.
I think the ideas of a solo event or even solo,s been allocated a position were they were put near other Solo,s is a good idea, as a newby solo,s are in the minority at a meet, I think it might encourage more solo,s to go,if they new they would be company.:wine:,just my opinion:imoutahere::whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back