Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
These telescopic ones any good?
Link Removed

I used to have a pair of normal ladders but the farther-in-law took them back, are these ones any good? I only fancy them because they look easy to store.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Seen similar if not the same and they look pretty good and stable.. :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You just have to watch your fingers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
used a set of these ladders to clean and polish the roof this week, got them from maplins £69.99, easy to use , but as already mentioned watch your fingers when collapsing them down.

Nick

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They are quite good :thumb: I had a pair/set about ten yrs ago and gave them to my mate when I no longer had use for them,but he had :thumb:As to price then :Eeek: don't ask :ROFLMAO:
terry

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
I have some ladders you can have them if you want . I will post them to you, they are in the wifes tights :ROFLMAO: :Eeek:

dc6947

Free Member
Aug 25, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
converted ducato
Exp
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is a bit offtopic or i should start a new topic but... does anyone know if there is a weight at which one shouldn't be climbing onto the roof of a van!? My van needs something doing because the skylight is leaking but being a bit overweight i'm scared that i might climb on top and the whole van will give way and will get squashed! I mean i'm not 20 stone or anything but i'm not skinny or within normal BMI ranges either, so i just wondered :Eeek:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Not sure if this is a bit offtopic or i should start a new topic but... does anyone know if there is a weight at which one shouldn't be climbing onto the roof of a van!? My van needs something doing because the skylight is leaking but being a bit overweight i'm scared that i might climb on top and the whole van will give way and will get squashed! I mean i'm not 20 stone or anything but i'm not skinny or within normal BMI ranges either, so i just wondered :Eeek:

Check with Geo. He has some, they take him ok with just a little bending. :hardhat::hardhat:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Link Removed

I used to have a pair of normal ladders but the farther-in-law took them back, are these ones any good? I only fancy them because they look easy to store.

I have a set of these ladders ....they are very very good ..I paid a bit more money than those at maplins...had them quite a while, they will have got cheaper now...BUT they are Heavy.....around 16kg..the ones on ebay are 12kg....we now use a small set in two pieces they go inside the boot garage at the back...they can be used as extending ladder or a one piece or connected together to make a pair of steps...weight 6kg....big difference:thumb:

Mel

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if you are unsure about walking on the roof just place some timber or ply boards across the whole width of the van :thumb: that way the sides will take all the weight :thumb:
terry
PS try a dust sheet on the roof first that way it will stop the board from marking the roof

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Link Removed

Yes, I've had a set for about three years now. Max weight 150Kgs. Well worth the price. We paid about £89.00 for the same spec. so yes the price is falling.:thumb:

OP
OP
T

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

I went on my roof to clean the moss off in January when I first bought mine, I was 16st7lbs then, Now after my hols I'm 14st(fit!), mine has an over cab bed so i cant walk on the 'pod' part, other than that It was fine.

dc6947

Free Member
Aug 25, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
converted ducato
Exp
United Kingdom
I went on my roof to clean the moss off in January when I first bought mine, I was 16st7lbs then, Now after my hols I'm 14st(fit!), mine has an over cab bed so i cant walk on the 'pod' part, other than that It was fine.

Well done on losing the weight, whilst on holiday too!
Reassuring to know that the roof might just about hold up under the strain :Eeek: so will give it a go.

welly414

Free Member
Aug 10, 2011
lancashire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
1 year
Used mine for the first time yesterday, easy to carry in the bag provided and fit nicely around the brake light bulge on our McLouis Tandy ::bigsmile:. Fantastic product and great price from Maplins.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back