Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Exmouth uk
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
hoping too next year
Just got a second d hand autosleeper nuevo, and wanted to fit ladder and rack, got in touch with autosleeper, who say the ladders no longer in stock as they now don't fit them to their vehicles, any one know the reason for this, do they create problems with the body work. Also is their a site app for a phone to tell you what's near and available.Rich.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ladders are welcomed by thieves as a way to get onto the roof to break in through a large rooflight. Also probably liability issues if the owner falls off.

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Hi I cant help with what you have asked for but a tip for you to consider if you are planning on using paying auto routes in France it may take you over the height into the next charging level therefore costing a lot more

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Stop people overloading them. You have about 500kg payload so you need to fill it with all your bits and pieces such as food, water, diesel, bedding, bikes etc and go and get it weighed with yourself, wife, kids, dog etc. Front axle and back axle then you will know how much you have left. Putting extra weight that high up will make the MH roll and has already been said go over 3m and you risk going into Class 3 on the French Peage which can be rather expensive.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

richard jackson

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Exmouth uk
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
hoping too next year
Thanks for all your replies, need to see how much extra I need to carry, need to learn how to pack van and what I don't need to take, before thinking about extra load. Plus my insurance and breakdown won't cover me if I'm overloaded. So roof rack and ladder out of bounds.Rich

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi I cant help with what you have asked for but a tip for you to consider if you are planning on using paying auto routes in France it may take you over the height into the next charging level therefore costing a lot more
as posted on another thread..

http://www.autoroutes.fr/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/ASFA CLASSE VEHICULE BD.pdf

On the right of the leaflet is a section headed "Les Critères” that relates to vehicle height and includes a “Remarques” (Notes) section.

Remarques :
N’ont pas d’incidence sur le calcul de la hauteur totale :
- Le chargement sur le toit d’un véhicule ou d’une remorque
- Les accessoires, tels que : antennes, coffres ou barres de toit, gyrophares, enseignes taxi, paraboles, lanternaux, panneaux solaires. Ont une incidence sur le calcul de la hauteur totale :
- Les éléments ajoutés au véhicule de base, tels que : cellules habitables, climatiseurs, groupes frigorifiques.
Pour le tunnel du Fréjus, critères spécifiques sur www.sftrf.fr

Notes:
Do not affect the calculation of the total height:
- Loading on the roof of a vehicle or trailer
- Accessories, such as: antennas, chests or roof racks, rotating lights, taxi signs, parabolas, lanterns, solar panels. Have an impact on the calculation of the total height:

These do affect the height calculation'

- The elements added to the base vehicle, such as: living cells, air conditioners, refrigeration units.
For the Fréjus tunnel, specific criteria on www.sftrf.fr

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back