La Strada Control panel lights (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi

We have a La Strada /CBE control panel C880-2 for our Merc Sprinter habitation area.
The on / off switch is on and green.

The water and fridge lights are amber - we believe that they are normally green.

I drained the cold water system last week and put 20 litres of water in today but when I turn the taps on, now water comes out and I don't get the sound of the taps attempting to pump water (which I have had previously) although I do get some noise from what appears to me the main pump next to the leisure battery.

Also, the 12v supply in the rear that is normally always live and probably runs from the main battery is no longer working.

Are these fault connected and how can I solve them please?

Thanks

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Low leisure battery voltage?
What happens if you hook up to mains?

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The leisure battery is showing 3 light out of a max of 4 and we had the problem as soon as we arrived yesterday after a 3 hr journey.

Unfortunately, the pitch that we are on does not have a hookup.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Still have problems with the control panel so no water or heating but the 12 supply is working after all. Ideas for control panel gratefully received.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it could be a glitch in the panels electronics.
disconnect the leisure battery and leave for 1/2hr to discharge all the electronics in the panel

reconnect and see if that fixed it.

modern electronic panels are far too complicated for what they actually do.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Update:

I'm home and have taken a closer look.

The control panel lights are meant to be amber / yellow - I thought that they were green previously but there are only yellow lights behind the panel for the fridge and water switches.

The heater works (it may have been operator error that prevented it from working).

The taps still do not have water coming out when turned on. The pump in the service area seems to make a continuous noise when turned on but water does not come out as it had previously.

I last used the water when draining the system. I thought that it would be a good idea to put the taps on full blast and drain the tanks out via the taps to give it a clean (we have only had the vehicle for 2 weeks and are not sure when it was last used). This seemed to work well and when the water tank was nearly empty, it the taps started gurgling. I let it run for a little longer and when there was more air than water coming out, I turned the taps off etc. A week later, we filled up with water and tried to use the taps on our camping trip this weekend - they did not work :(

Possibly related, the 230v indicator on the control panel does not register any input when we connected to the supply at home. The 12v "permanently" live socket seems to be working again. Not certain that it is an intermittent fault.

I have taken the negative terminal off and left it for 20 mins but the problem continues.

Any ideas?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back