La Mailleraye sur Seine Aire (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Going to be using the Aire at La Mailleraye sur Seine next week and wondered if anybody has used it since the new barrier was installed, as I would think it would now be in action and what are the charges now.
Cheers

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Going to be using the Aire at La Mailleraye sur Seine next week and wondered if anybody has used it since the new barrier was installed, as I would think it would now be in action and what are the charges now.
Cheers

I suppose you have been to this aire before but in case you haven't this is the most recent Youtube video showing the aire by Funster Keith Chesterfield. No barrier when the video made.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
That video was in 2015 but we also went last year and there wasn't a barrier.

But barriers are being put on some Aires - Equihen Plage has one now - but where did the OP get his info about there being a barrier at Mailleraye?

:france: :france: :france: :france:

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
No barrier at Christmas.

La Mailleraye-sur-Seine Aire.jpg

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
The barrier was there mid February but not in use then. Think it was going to be €5 payment at barrier not sure if the service point then had an extra charge it wasn't working when we were there.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes we where there on 29th December and no barrier then but I knew DavidG58 had showed the new barrier had been installed.
Cheers

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Can't dispute that picture. Being cynical though, how does one turn around when machine is faulty and there is an impatient Frenchman (other nationalities are available) behind you and won't lift barrier, that machine is some way down the track ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it just me or does that last picture that @DavidG58 has posted look like the payment post has been 'cut and pasted' onto the image ... it just looks weird ... David ... you're not doing an early April Fools joke are you???? :D2;)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can't dispute that picture. Being cynical though, how does one turn around when machine is faulty and there is an impatient Frenchman (other nationalities are available) behind you and won't lift barrier, that machine is some way down the track ?
Like most other Aires with barriers then!

But from memory the area on the left of the picture had a wide gravel area that could be used to turn around in. What surprises me is the big gap to the left of the barrier that a motorhome could easily drive through. I can see some ticket dodgers using that. Probably the same ones that used to arrive just after the little man had done his rounds in the late afternoon and leave just before he came back in the morning.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

But from memory the area on the left of the picture had a wide gravel area that could be used to turn around get stuck in. What surprises me is the big gap to the left of the barrier that a motorhome could easily drive through. I can see some ticket dodgers using that. Probably the same ones that used to arrive just after the little man had done his rounds in the late afternoon and leave just before he came back in the morning.
Edited for accuracy :whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

But from memory the area on the left of the picture had a wide gravel area that could be used to turn around in. What surprises me is the big gap to the left of the barrier that a motorhome could easily drive through. I can see some ticket dodgers using that. Probably the same ones that used to arrive just after the little man had done his rounds in the late afternoon and leave just before he came back in the morning.
Its probably a trap ... I bet if you tried you'd sink into the gravel! :D2

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is it just me or does that last picture that @DavidG58 has posted look like the payment post has been 'cut and pasted' onto the image ... it just looks weird ... David ... you're not doing an early April Fools joke are you???? :D2;)

Oh that I had such ability, getting photos on and the right way up are close to my limit :)(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Its probably a trap ... I bet if you tried you'd sink into the gravel! :D2
When we were there last September one motorhome pulled into the gravel on the way out to make some last minute adjustments and they managed to pull out just fine. And cars were using it to park on.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
the barrier was one of the lightest weight I have ever come across, think it might not survive a gently push o_O

not sure about the turning options and it would be a decent reverse on a wet dark night, but as already said, not a lot different to a good few we have failed to enter o_O

we do like the free ones :)(y) very happy to spend in the town instead of at the barrier :)(y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Do those payment posts just take credit / debit cards or cash as well ? And do you have to enter a pin ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Do those payment posts just take credit / debit cards or cash as well ? And do you have to enter a pin ?

that one definitely has no cash option, so presume the keypad must mean pin numbers are used

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We were there a couple of weeks ago and I can confirm @DavidG58's photo is correct.
It will be payment by card but when we were there it wasn't in operation so was still free. No signs with payment rates up yet and there is room to sneak round the barrier (the gravel/grass has reinforcing under some of it) but I bet a large rock will be placed there soon. Not sure how the occupant of the small bungalow or visitors to the chapel will get through unless they will be given a pass of some sort.
If you arrive and the aire is full it will be a bugger to get back out, particularly when there are lots of cars parked on the gravel area beside the restaurant.

Richard.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Call me tight, but if you're paying €5 or €6 to park water should be free not be an extra €3.

Tight a##e...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
so who will not go to this town now...? Will it mean the end of a good Aire...(n)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I had it planned as a stopover in June after all the funsters recommendations. The thought of having trouble getting out if full is a bit off putting though, especially if you discover it's full after paying ?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
so who will not go to this town now...? Will it mean the end of a good Aire...(n)
AFAIK it has always been a paid Aire, so nothing changed there. And it is usually busy from spring to autumn. The only difference is the method of payment, which we actually find easier. I expect the little old man who collected the money before will be able to retire now.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I had it planned as a stopover in June after all the funsters recommendations. The thought of having trouble getting out if full is a bit off putting though, especially if you discover it's full after paying ?
Just park by the barrier and walk along. You will soon see if there is any room. If it is full there is a private Aire about a mile upstream.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
For a few Euros you get a riverside view of the ships and cruise boats, quiet at night, safe and secure, restaurant and bar 50 metres, Vet who charges less than most Vets in France, two boulangeries within 100 metres, walks along the riverside in both directions for miles - WTF more do you want for your money?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
For a few Euros you get a riverside view of the ships and cruise boats, quiet at night, safe and secure, restaurant and bar 50 metres, Vet who charges less than most Vets in France, two boulangeries within 100 metres, walks along the riverside in both directions for miles - WTF more do you want for your money?

Could not have put it better myself.

And a nice little supermarket within walking distance to pick up all the food you need.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back