La Mailleraye after the barrier is installed. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We are at an almost empty La Mailleraye-sur-Seine aire.
We have been coming here regularly for a few years now and expected it to be very busy at the weekend. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon there were 22 free pitches out of 39. Now, on Sunday afternoon, there are only 10 vans here.
I realise it's early in the year but the weather is good, so where is everyone?
Could it be that people are put off by the new CC barrier system that has been installed?
We all know that some of the French like to turn up after the payments have been collected then whiz off early the next day but there can't be too many of them...............can there?

Richard.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We may be there in a day or two, Vet to visit, and we'll let you know what we see.

Don't just blame the French for coming late and going early - many others do it.

I can eventually see a barrier on the Honfleur site - more come and go between 10pm and 6 am than turn up during daylight hours - it really irritates when you've paid your full wack - as you should.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We may be there in a day or two, Vet to visit, and we'll let you know what we see.

Don't just blame the French for coming late and going early - many others do it.

I can eventually see a barrier on the Honfleur site - more come and go between 10pm and 6 am than turn up during daylight hours - it really irritates when you've paid your full wack - as you should.
We may still be here when you arrive. If so make sure you come and say hello.
Look for the Carthago with a very small Vulcan on the rear panel.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're heading north on Tuesday
Are you offering Plat De Jour

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No Plat De Jour but we do have beer, wine and nibbles. (y):D

Richard.
Ok
We'll be round for a nibble on Tuesday

What's on offer
Got any porky scratchings ?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes !
We're brothers from a different mother !

I'll say anything to get some porky scratchings
Same surname , same van , same taste in travel and fine foods and wine ... brothers in arms!(y)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Look for the Carthago with a very small Vulcan on the rear panel.

normal.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can you buy porky scratchings in Carrefour?
We have got some well matured Spanish ham though. :D

Richard.
That sounds perfect
Will you be there Tuesday ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Conejo - that always takes me way back, when they opened a taverna at the stables at the back of my mates villa just outside Almeria. No menus but we had a choice of Conejo or Chuletta. So I came back to the table where our friends were sitting and said 'They only have pork chops - I know we all like em so I said we'd have them!'

Because we'd seen a large hutch of cute bunnies in the garden as we walked past ......

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Richard
Can you please remind me what the ref number of the Aire is ?
CamperContact 3448.
If you enter the village from the D490 at the roundabout with a footbridge beside it you will pass the school. BEWARE the speed humps close to the school as they are vicious......walking pace only.

Richard.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I was thinking of going to this aire next weekend but part of the description on Campercontact says "near the bridge of Brotonne - 1st weekend around 01/04 and 01/05 weekend around unreachable -". I know this is a machine translation, so its meaning is not exactly clear and anyway it may not even relate to 2017, I just wondered if anyone had any information about this? I wondered if it maybe referred to the bridge being closed at some time for work to take place?

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I was thinking of going to this aire next weekend but part of the description on Campercontact says "near the bridge of Brotonne - 1st weekend around 01/04 and 01/05 weekend around unreachable -". I know this is a machine translation, so its meaning is not exactly clear and anyway it may not even relate to 2017, I just wondered if anyone had any information about this? I wondered if it maybe referred to the bridge being closed at some time for work to take place?
The bridge has just had a lot of work done over the last couple of years which is now all completed. Whenever we crossed over the bridge there were lane closures but the bridges always open.
The aire has been closed for a local fair and boot fair on a couple of weekends early in the year but not sure if that is still the case.
No notices up at the moment to say the aire is closed in the near future but we will have a good look round when we walk up into the village later today.

Richard.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
The bridge has just had a lot of work done over the last couple of years which is now all completed. Whenever we crossed over the bridge there were lane closures but the bridges always open.
The aire has been closed for a local fair and boot fair on a couple of weekends early in the year but not sure if that is still the case.
No notices up at the moment to say the aire is closed in the near future but we will have a good look round when we walk up into the village later today.

Richard.
We were at the Aire the 6th and 7th April and there were signs to say it was closed from the Saturday 8th until Sunday for an event- they had signs at the entrance.
Richard if we had known you were a" funster" would of introduced ourselves- I was the one that passed the books on a few days ago.
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back