La Maillerai Sur Seine anyone? (1 Viewer)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Read about this aire in previous posts. Thought we'd give it a try. Lovely spot. All pitches overlooking the river.Watching HUGE boats passing. Bourne facilities. Going for a stroll round town tomorrow. Any other funsters here? If so come and say hello (Bailey 68-2) (y)

Wyn

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We are half way along the aire in the Carthago.

The private aire is still closed ( at least it was a month ago when I cycled past) and still has for sale signs up.
The advantage of being by the village is the boulangerie for those scrummy morning croissants and the very good Carrefour a little further on.

Richard.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We like it there, ;) also has one of the better vets we visit. :D2

Never been here Ken @canopus Payment by check or liquids. :eek:
Do you just invite him in and fill him with cheap wine.:LOL:
No wonder it's closed and for sale.:rolleyes:
Bob.
Screenshot_20171002-190750.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We are there as we speak. 2/3rd October. It is 6 euro's for two per night.If you turn up give us a call. Adria twin 640 number plate F1LYP.
Great aire .
Phil

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We will be there on 12th October for the Vet.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We will be there later in the month for the Vet, he's very good.
Up behind the Aire, past the water works, turn left up thru the woods there is a campsite-will be closed now-but when we were there last Jan the water was still on in the taps on the field!
There is a small supermarché other side of ville, up hill thru centre follow road out and on left, away from main road, about 10/15 mins walking you should find the shop, a Carrefour.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We are half way along the aire in the Carthago.

The private aire is still closed ( at least it was a month ago when I cycled past) and still has for sale signs up.
The advantage of being by the village is the boulangerie for those scrummy morning croissants and the very good Carrefour a little further on.

Richard.

I can certainly vouch for their yummy almond chocolate croissants;)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Slowly heading up , but won't be there before thurs ,currently at St Denis les points aire near chateaudun, then tomorrow of to mortgage a perched aire.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Was there last week, if you fish, dangle a bit of bread on a hook right by the riverside, you might get a bit of a shock, warning ... have long landing net at the ready!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I remember it well!
I hope that you achieved your holiday goals - If I remember correctly, they seemed ambitious!

Ian
We did Ian, enjoyed every minute, went to the site you recommended lovely spot unfortunately all the riverside spots were taken and could only get one night in the middle of the site
Stayed on the aire outside the site and visited the little village, travelled about 20 mins the following day and found a little beauty of an aire by the river before heading south
Thks for the heads up Ian, hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and look forward to see you again on our travels

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Been there many times.
Cycle up the path along towards Jumièges, and take the Bac (Ferry - free) across - there's another one further down. Along that path there's a Big Cat rescue place - I think you need an appointment to visit, and a Cider maker - very good. The restaurant next to the aire (La Presqu'île) has never let us down either.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Been there many times.
Cycle up the path along towards Jumièges, and take the Bac (Ferry - free) across - there's another one further down. Along that path there's a Big Cat rescue place - I think you need an appointment to visit, and a Cider maker - very good. The restaurant next to the aire (La Presqu'île) has never let us down either.
If you mean Heurteaville aire it's now closed, we went end of July on our way back to Calais ended up back at La Mailleraye which as you know is a nice aire

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
If you mean Heurteaville aire it's now closed
Sorry - I didn't know about the Herteauville aire (unless you mean Les Cerisiers? which I thought was a proper site - we stopped there one year when Mailleraye was full) - I just meant a cycle ride along the river to the first free ferry, across to Yainville, along to Jumièges (Old abbey, restaurant) then across on the second free ferry at Jumieges and back along the river - go left at Hertauville along the D65 to the Clos des Citots farm for their Cider (y)

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Well we've been motorhoming for 7 or 8 years. And funsters for the same length of time. We only (briefly) met one funster in all that time (apart from meets).

Here at La Maillerai sur Seine we have met @gillnphil, @Clarky and last week at Oiustreham we met two couples who were also funsters. Lovely to have met you all.

Gill, we look forward to seeing you together with a ukulele at Upton Ukulele Festival!

Wyn

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi @Gorse Hill , where's those 2 nice aires , please share
Thanks terry
Depends what your after Fidget we like quite ones near water, the one near to where @bigtwin recommended (campsite which looked lovely but full) was Gluges Montvalent (all aires book south mid Pyrenees number 6) right next to the river beautiful area to have something to eat and chill we found it lovely can park in either of the 5 bays or a bit further 100yrds right next to the river on the grass, toilet emptying a bit ropey but am sure your used to it
We also stayed at the aire next door to the campsite bigtwin recommended Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne (200 Limousine & Auvergne all aires south) little walk into village pleasent enough right next to river, the campsite riverside pitches looked nice if you can get on
Another good one St Mathieu (232 all aires south Limousine & Auvergne) aires on the right as you go in but found out you can park anywhere around the lake, remote but lovely, when we went the lake had a leak but apparently repaired it also has a campsite next to it
Les Roches (14 Centre all aires north) lovely next to the river and very clean, we parked on the grass at the far end
A belter at Tourzel Ronzieres (135 Limousine Auvergne all aires south) beautiful views all round evelvated pitches so not directly next to anyone free, water and electric was also free
Tricky entrance by the side of someone's house but GPS from the book took us right there, could easily miss it thou
Sancoins (171 Centre all aires south) right next to the canal, very nice with lovely walks
If you haven't got the all aires books and want the GPS co-ordinates let me know and I can put them up for you, the co-ordinates never let us down

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We love it is so relaxing watching the river traffic!!
My favourite pastime when there Anthea. I also like lying in bed at night, and listening to the engines of the big barges as they approach, and then slowly fade away again as they pass by.

One of our favourite aires
One of ours too Helen (y) but not been for sometime now. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread