La BellaVista Manilva pruned or not? (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We have always liked this site but the tree problem is getting increasingly out of control with the gardener seemingly dictating and enforcing a no pruning policy. So I have always had to surreptitiously trim to get onto most pitches, and some streets are no go areas for motorhomes over 3 metres. The new manager Scott told me in the autumn that they had got some large pruning equipment and were going to make some big changes.
So anyone been there this winter and have they made inroads into the growth?

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We were there for two weeks in November/December but did not take much notice of trees. However, thinking about it, there was more tree cover on the left of the site as you enter but much less on the right of the site where we were. There also seemed to be more tall vehicles on the right hand side of the site. It was quite windy at the time and a rogue palm branch was tapping on my roof so I got the ladder out and tied it back away from the roof.
As I write this I also remember that they cutting the palm type trees while we were there.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Our First Ding!!!
When we were there in jan 2014 we were punctured by a tree that had been pruned, thin stump sticking out!
It was tight on all the pitches, we were on the right at the far end of an aisle, and quite a few struggled getting in.

Got it fixed in Morocco a fortnight later. 'Mustapha fixed it for me'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Also it was an old site that got renovated so some of the road sizes were from the days when Spanish campers had small car
Our First Ding!!!
When we were there in jan 2014 we were punctured by a tree that had been pruned, thin stump sticking out!
It was tight on all the pitches, we were on the right at the far end of an aisle, and quite a few struggled getting in.

Got it fixed in Morocco a fortnight later. 'Mustapha fixed it for me'

I remember that well and can re-call the crunch.. :doh:

Bellavista is an old site, refurbished but the road sizes are still for small Spanish caravans..

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Oh well we have been there 4 times and twice in our 12 metre RV but that was in the early days before any tree growth, but we shall probably pop in again this Autumn to see.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back