Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
i have just returned from two weeks in pembrey, a and i struggled to get a signal, on the status so then tried the kvh r4sl, and it would not lock on, tried sky news and bbc1 but it still wouldn't lock on, i put it down to the tree line, after a few days i moved site and still it wouldn't lock on, yet my neighbours using manual setups were getting sat. on the way home i tried again on top of a hill with a clear line 360 deg so i tired again and still the sat would not lockon. i have read about the download to update the dome but reading it, it states the model R4sl to tune to bbc1 then lock on, can anyone help i am in the manchester area.

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
Sky have just changed their transponder settings. Lots of auto systems have been having probs locking into Astra 2 all other sats are ok. Ring dealer and they will talk you through how to reset transponder. Well oyster did.
Read Nigal&Debbies post below.

OP
OP
K

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
the dealer has gone disappeared off the planet, and the reciever is built in the tv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
been in touch with the manufactors and they are sending me the correct software updates, have ordered a serial cable to enable to complete the process. it something to do when they moved the sats in the last two to three months. and the transponders need altering.

OP
OP
K

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
i have had my kvh dome software updated, the firm i used is called phantom, the lad popped round and updated it, now switch on and pic straight away.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm glad you've got it sorted,I've booked into Conrad Anderson on 30th July to get mine done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back