KVH dome, streaming outside UK - New Thread (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, so as not to cause any problems - and thanks to Wildman for his comments, I am starting a new thread!

We have a KVH dome and have been advised by Shane of Snellyvision that it will need to be reprogrammed now the satellite has moved, and he's able to do this for £25.00. I have asked if we will have to wait until the satellite is fully positioned before it's reprogrammed and will post his response. Shane installs most satellite systems so may offer a similar service for others.

With regards to streaming UK tv whilst in Spain , I will pm JJ who I am sure will tell me the site I need.

Ginny

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, so as not to cause any problems - and thanks to Wildman for his comments, I am starting a new thread!

We have a KVH dome and have been advised by Shane of Snellyvision that it will need to be reprogrammed now the satellite has moved, and he's able to do this for £25.00. I have asked if we will have to wait until the satellite is fully positioned before it's reprogrammed and will post his response. Shane installs most satellite systems so may offer a similar service for others.

With regards to streaming UK tv whilst in Spain , I will pm JJ who I am sure will tell me the site I need.

Ginny

Try this one...
http://www.filmon.com/

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have just had another email from Shane at Snellyvision.

"The position will be the same, its just another new satellite added to the astra2 compliment of satellites. Astra2 is not just one satellite, its several all on the same vector. It's the frequencies that are the problem. They may turn frequencies off and then, as we find out, if it's one of the frequencies automatic systems search for, they just spin and spin and spin because the frequency is no longer there to tell them it's the right satellite. We have to reprogram the system to look for a different frequency. There have been frequencies turned off last week that are causing lock on problems. This was probably done in anticipation of the new satellite joining the compliment.

Does that help explain it better?"

I know very little about all this, I just want to press a button and for the KVH Dome to find the satellite! maybe someone else can come back with some info??

Ginny

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It doesn't actually affect me as I have a manual tune system, though the new footprint of the replacement transponders may well affect us when abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back