Ktm my ride app (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi I have the ktm 690 duke r ,I am thinking about the ktm my ride app which I think you use on a smartphone. Has anyone got this app and what are your thoughts.
I am going to do the ride to the dunes in may which starts from Newark and finish in Mablethorpe
It's a safe ride for me with ride marshals as well.
I need the satnav for peace of mind making my way to Newark

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi I have the ktm 690 duke r ,I am thinking about the ktm my ride app which I think you use on a smartphone. Has anyone got this app and what are your thoughts.
I am going to do the ride to the dunes in may which starts from Newark and finish in Mablethorpe
It's a safe ride for me with ride marshals as well.
I need the satnav for peace of mind making my way to Newark
As usual everything to do with KTM is expensive,why not just use this free one ?
https://maps.me/

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it's just for Satnav what's wrong with Google Maps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Bigtree took the bike in a couple of weeks ago for some recalls and updates.
It appears the ktm ride app is for the bigger bikes.
I bought the motor bike specific tomtom rider 450 premium and Redline the dealer where i bought the bike from connected it up for me although I bought it from sports bike shop.co.uk who were selling it with £65.00 off.
You set where you want to go and if you want specific thrill rides you can set which level to go.
I have it connected to blue tooth headset and tried it today to arrive at Hope valley and set it for the twisty roads and on the way back the fastest route.
So far I am impressed although the bike needs a good clean

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds good , if I’m going touring somewhere I like to use google maps and ride what I see there. The best ever ride I have had was in the northern Tarn on my own one September,the roads were empty and with the 690 it was a real blast. Don’t think I will ever have another day like that.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I am still on a learning curb and have only just started using the sport mode which makes a big difference

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I am still on a learning curb and have only just started using the sport mode which makes a big difference
I set the bike in rain? Mode as all it does is mute the bike up to 4000 revs then goes nuts, makes it more rideable through villages before hitting the twisty stuff.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Thanks I will try that ,can you go from rain to sport as you are riding or do you have to stop and change

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks I will try that ,can you go from rain to sport as you are riding or do you have to stop and change
On our bike there is a little potentiometer under the rear seat that you set for I think 3 levels , I also changed the gearing front and rear plus got a couple of electronic units from an Aussie guy called kevxtx on the KTM forum. Smooths our the fuelling no end.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back