Ktm my ride app

Discussion in 'Motorcycles and Motorhomes' started by steve and gina, Mar 8, 2018.

1. steve and gina

steve and gina Funster

Ratings:
    +321
    Hi I have the ktm 690 duke r ,I am thinking about the ktm my ride app which I think you use on a smartphone. Has anyone got this app and what are your thoughts.
    I am going to do the ride to the dunes in may which starts from Newark and finish in Mablethorpe
    It's a safe ride for me with ride marshals as well.
    I need the satnav for peace of mind making my way to Newark

2. bigtree

bigtree Funster

Ratings:
    +3,987
    As usual everything to do with KTM is expensive,why not just use this free one ?
    https://maps.me/

3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,088
    If it's just for Satnav what's wrong with Google Maps?

4. steve and gina

steve and gina Funster

Ratings:
    +321
    Hi Bigtree took the bike in a couple of weeks ago for some recalls and updates.
    It appears the ktm ride app is for the bigger bikes.
    I bought the motor bike specific tomtom rider 450 premium and Redline the dealer where i bought the bike from connected it up for me although I bought it from sports bike shop.co.uk who were selling it with £65.00 off.
    You set where you want to go and if you want specific thrill rides you can set which level to go.
    I have it connected to blue tooth headset and tried it today to arrive at Hope valley and set it for the twisty roads and on the way back the fastest route.
    So far I am impressed although the bike needs a good clean

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. bigtree

bigtree Funster

Ratings:
    +3,987
    Sounds good , if I’m going touring somewhere I like to use google maps and ride what I see there. The best ever ride I have had was in the northern Tarn on my own one September,the roads were empty and with the 690 it was a real blast. Don’t think I will ever have another day like that.

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. steve and gina

steve and gina Funster

Ratings:
    +321
    I am still on a learning curb and have only just started using the sport mode which makes a big difference

7. bigtree

bigtree Funster

Ratings:
    +3,987
    I set the bike in rain? Mode as all it does is mute the bike up to 4000 revs then goes nuts, makes it more rideable through villages before hitting the twisty stuff.

8. steve and gina

steve and gina Funster

Ratings:
    +321
    Thanks I will try that ,can you go from rain to sport as you are riding or do you have to stop and change

9. bigtree

bigtree Funster

Ratings:
    +3,987
    On our bike there is a little potentiometer under the rear seat that you set for I think 3 levels , I also changed the gearing front and rear plus got a couple of electronic units from an Aussie guy called kevxtx on the KTM forum. Smooths our the fuelling no end.

• Useful Useful x 1