LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Just fitted a KS 200amp seat battery pretty straight forward and with the funster discount code just over £944,
my other was shipped yesterday :) going in when I get back, am currently touring down south coast Devon/Cornwall

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
or something like https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/blue-smart-ip22-charger is cheaper at £150 as it doesn't need waterproof IP rating (IP22)

View attachment 573317
Hi, I have the EBL 211 which has the absorption setting 6 hours which is no good for lithium. I would not believe anything KS says about using your EBL on GEL they are selling the product and make quite a few bad statements about dropping lithium which is another subject. I have spoken to tow other lithium suppliers and both do not recommend using GEL setting. Any damage to the battery from over charging will void any warranty.

I disconnected the 204v supply to the EBL by taking out the plug from the back and connected this to a 10A victron bluesmart charger. I have it setup so I can plug into lithium to charge if needed and then into starter battery if needed. Work very well. Vlog below on my setup

Victron Blue Smart 12/10 fitment to Adria Twin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have the EBL 211 which has the absorption setting 6 hours which is no good for lithium.
That's very short for an EBL the 101 has 8 hours and the 29 & 30, 16 hours, definitely not good for Lithium

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Hi, I have the EBL 211 which has the absorption setting 6 hours which is no good for lithium. I would not believe anything KS says about using your EBL on GEL they are selling the product and make quite a few bad statements about dropping lithium which is another subject. I have spoken to tow other lithium suppliers and both do not recommend using GEL setting. Any damage to the battery from over charging will void any warranty.

I disconnected the 204v supply to the EBL by taking out the plug from the back and connected this to a 10A victron bluesmart charger. I have it setup so I can plug into lithium to charge if needed and then into starter battery if needed. Work very well. Vlog below on my setup

Victron Blue Smart 12/10 fitment to Adria Twin
Udo Lang from Schaudt seems to think its ok to to set my EBL 208 to Gel for Lithium.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I've gone for this
and will disconnect the EBL119 charger 👍

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I've gone for this
It’s the one I have and am very pleased with it. The installers removed the one fitted to the van and fortunately, the Victron fitted in exactly the same place above the distribution unit.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I've gone for this
with a 200ah battery I think youd be better off with the 30a one (or even higher, the faster the charge the better) gerry mcg the 15a one will struggle along and take and awfully long time

bit cheaper here
Amazon product ASIN B082XB2J9X

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
with a 200ah battery I think youd be better off with the 30a one (or even higher, the faster the charge the better) gerry mcg the 15a one will struggle along and take and awfully long time

bit cheaper here
Amazon product ASIN B082XB2J9X
I don't anticipate the mains charger to ever have to do any heavy lifting to charge the habitation battery given I have a 50 A B2B.
It is more to be sure there is a proper lithium charge profile should I be plugged into hookup.

Even f I were somehto arrive at a site with a 90% depleted 200Ah battery ( I'm struggling to see how I could with the b2b),
An overnight charge of 12h would top the battery up.

That is all I need, so I should be OK with 15A. The ebl119 only puts out 18A anyway.

Does the victron charger have ve.networking To be a able to receive temperature info from a Smartbattery Sense toprevent lithium charging at low temperature? ***edit **** yes, it does 👍

It's not likely to be an issue anyway as the battery is located inside the van and the only time it is likely to need mains charging when it would cold, the van would be being used so it would be warm anyway

I need to keep the EBL for power distribution, so I need to find a place for the charger. I'll lose the 2A starter charge from the EBL, but I have a battery Master fitted that will cover that

Last edited:

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
I don't anticipate the mains charger to ever have to do any heavy lifting to charge the habitation battery given I have a 50 A B2B.
It is more to be sure there is a proper lithium charge profile should I be plugged into hookup.
Evrn if I were somehto arrive at a site with a90% depleted 200Ah battery ( I'm struggling to see how I could with the b2b) a
An overnight charge of 12h would top the battery up.
That is all I need, so I should be OK with 15A.
The ebl119 only puts out 18A anyway.

Does the victron charger have ve.networking? To be a able to receive temperature info from a Smartbattery Sense? To prevent lithium charging at low temperature? ***edit **** yes, it is 👍
It's not likely to be an issue as the battery is located inside the van and the only time it is likely to need mains charging if it would cold, the van would be being used so it would be warm anyway
I agree I only have the 10A victron for my 200aH lithium and have no issues with the setup. It all depends on your power usage. I use around 40aH a day in winter so a 10A charger will easily top this up over night. I do not worry about about temperature as I only use the charger when I am in the van which means the hab area where the battery is installed will always be above freezing.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I've gone for this
Recommendations on cable daimeter for a 15A charger? It is fused at 20A. And has terminals capable of taking up to 16mm2 - but it is located close to the battery - within 2m
6mm2 cables are rated at 50A, so should be sufficient… (1.57% / 0.188V voltage drop) so well within the capacity and acceptable voltage loss
10mm2 cables are rated at 70A and have a 1% / 0.11V voltage drop

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
If you look at a 200ah Lithium from KS,
with Funster discount is £899
Renogy are £899 with no discount codes, £809.99 after a quick google of discount codes.

I am not trying to to be disrespectful to KS Energy. Just pointing this out to other FunsRenogy on sale for £759 ON aMAZON

If you look at a 200ah Lithium from KS,
with Funster discount is £899
Renogy are £899 with no discount codes, £809.99 after a quick google of discount codes.

I am not trying to to be disrespectful to KS Energy. Just pointing this out to other Funsters.
I managed to get the renogy one for £719 and the Battery monitor for £59.99 in the Jan sale, price now on Amazon is £759, and some sellers on eBay charge £999. hopefully get time to install this weekend.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I've just started looking at lithium and comparing specs (I do like a spreadsheet) From memory KS did have far better life cycle and longer warranty (apples with apples and all that)

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
I dropped in my 2 x KS 120ah last week. As soon as I started the van I saw that the alternator was not charging the leisure batts. Took it to my service guy and there is some fault in the Sargent system. The EC500 & hab fuse board have to be taken out & sent for diagnosis/repair.
This may be a long standing problem but I never noticed as these are the first batts with Bluetooth so I can see what’s going on.

I already had a trip to Southern Ireland booked so set off with the plan to charge from mains when I get to my destination, as well as my 260w solar. Except, I forgot the three pin adaptor lead for my EHU cable so no mains charging.
As my wife succinctly put it - “now we get to test these new batteries you keep banging on about”.

After 4 nights in the van I’m only down to 78% SOC (94ah). We were away from the van most of the time during the days but the Truma heating & 12v fan were running through the night and the shower was used twice each day so a fair amount of use for the water pump. Lighting was also on for several hours each night.

I maybe didn’t need to upgrade to LiFePO4 in light of the lead acids not having had charge from the alternator but with the relatively weedy charge from solar at this time of year, no EHU & no alternator charging, I’m very happy with the performance.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I dropped in my 2 x KS 120ah last week. As soon as I started the van I saw that the alternator was not charging the leisure batts. Took it to my service guy and there is some fault in the Sargent system. The EC500 & hab fuse board have to be taken out & sent for diagnosis/repair.
This may be a long standing problem but I never noticed as these are the first batts with Bluetooth so I can see what’s going on.

I already had a trip to Southern Ireland booked so set off with the plan to charge from mains when I get to my destination, as well as my 260w solar. Except, I forgot the three pin adaptor lead for my EHU cable so no mains charging.
As my wife succinctly put it - “now we get to test these new batteries you keep banging on about”.

After 4 nights in the van I’m only down to 78% SOC (94ah). We were away from the van most of the time during the days but the Truma hearing & 12v fan were running through the night and the shower was used twice each day so a fair amount of use for the water pump. Lighting was also on for several hours each night.

I maybe didn’t need to upgrade to LiFePO4 in light of the lead acids not having had charge from the alternator but with the relatively weedy charge from solar at this time of year, no EHU & no alternator charging, I’m very happy with the performance.

Sounds like you’re in decent shape to be ‘off hookup’ long term now! 👌

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
“now we get to test these new batteries you keep banging on about”.
that told you !!!!! :rofl:
I get the same, when I go rattling on about the power ...I switched it off one time when she was tryng to dry her hair....
SO what did you say love...just rememeber I CONTROL THE POWER in this van he he, shes been quiter since

YOu may want to think about a b2b aria

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
B2B is next on the list!

Maybe inverter also now that I now I have plenty capacity.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
On your apache Id imagine it isnt a smart alternator,so thats a good thing for b2b, My autotrail wasnt smart (though most folk I spoke to said it probably was) .and that was on a 2019, autotrail.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Mine’s a ‘16 so definitely not a smart alternator.
Never thought mine was either..2015 Movano but when I checked on start up altenator voltage approx 14.5 to 14.7v but only for about 4miles and then drops to 13.4v for rest of journey and never deviates.
Been led to believe this is indeed "smart"

Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
We have just has 2 KS 120 Ah Lithium batteries fitted by Neil with Funster discount. There were 2 Gel batteries but after driving up to Kidderminster we were left with the choice of fridge (Absorption) or heating - heating won as it is February! Also replaced the solar regulator with a Victron MPPT version. I asked about B2B but he said it was not necessary and he couldn't do it as he would need a ramp. I, like many others here would disagree, so I am going to fit one. Only trouble is the room as one of the batteries is under the passenger seat behind the EBL. So it will go under drivers seat in front of the other batteries. Rosie is out testing it for a few days and as she never uses hook-up I am looking forward to hearing how it is going. She has a Malibu PVC. If she finds it works well I think I may go down the same route

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
We have just has 2 KS 120 Ah Lithium batteries fitted by Neil with Funster discount. There were 2 Gel batteries but after driving up to Kidderminster we were left with the choice of fridge (Absorption) or heating - heating won as it is February! Also replaced the solar regulator with a Victron MPPT version. I asked about B2B but he said it was not necessary and he couldn't do it as he would need a ramp. I, like many others here would disagree, so I am going to fit one. Only trouble is the room as one of the batteries is under the passenger seat behind the EBL. So it will go under drivers seat in front of the other batteries. Rosie is out testing it for a few days and as she never uses hook-up I am looking forward to hearing how it is going. She has a Malibu PVC. If she finds it works well I think I may go down the same route
Plenty of room to fit a B2B under seat in front of battery, mine is 60amp Sterling with two straps around battery holding in place. Also fitted at the rear of same seat is my battery monitor shunt and 100amp fuse on a piece of baker lite board. Will post pics when back.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
For those with the 200AH battery, can you run a hairdryer easily enough (its one of the questions ive just been asked and through an inverter obviously!)

thanks

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
For those with the 200AH battery, can you run a hairdryer easily enough (its one of the questions ive just been asked and through an inverter obviously!)

thanks
my wife runs this through my 200 ah no problem,
Amazon product ASIN B00JKN4CES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back