KS energy lithium battery (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
He also said they were OK ok with Banner AGM batteries, they weren't how do I know?
He my Sterling B2B fitted by Phil at Rhino installs nice guy and very neat install, my on boat charger is Sargent PX300 and Phil says this is fine to leave on for my lithium as charge rate is 13.6v to 14.4v output which is under the 13.8 14.6 for lithium so will not overcharge.

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
Hi, my Sterling B2B fitted by Phil at Rhino installs nice guy and very neat install, my on boat charger is Sargent PX300 and Phil says this is fine to leave on for my lithium as charge rate is 13.6v to 14.4v output which is under the 13.8 14.6 for lithium so will not overcharge.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
He my Sterling B2B fitted by Phil at Rhino installs nice guy and very neat install, my on boat charger is Sargent PX300 and Phil says this is fine to leave on for my lithium as charge rate is 13.6v to 14.4v output which is under the 13.8 14.6 for lithium so will not overcharge.
It will still stay on a constant float charge far better to turn off the charging current once charged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I’m seriously thinking of getting an KS 200ah under-seat lithium battery dropped in by Neal. He is unable to install a B2B. It will take me some time to arrange for that to be fitted elsewhere, I will also upgrade the EHU charger. Meanwhile, I will rely on the existing alternator and lead acid mains charger to provide charge. I will not leave the mains charger on float.
Firstly will I get away with this in the short term and what problems should I expect?
Secondly, does anyone have any thoughts on the charge that I am likely to get from the alternator on a 2017 Fiat?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I’m seriously thinking of getting an KS 200ah under-seat lithium battery dropped in by Neal. He is unable to install a B2B. It will take me some time to arrange for that to be fitted elsewhere, I will also upgrade the EHU charger. Meanwhile, I will rely on the existing alternator and lead acid mains charger to provide charge. I will not leave the mains charger on float.
Firstly will I get away with this in the short term and what problems should I expect?
Secondly, does anyone have any thoughts on the charge that I am likely to get from the alternator on a 2017 Fiat?
We have the same battery and have not had a B2B fitted. All charges nicely with no issues, 150a solar keeps it well topped up even this time of year and get about 20a when driving. I would try it without B2B first to save you a few quid and see how you go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back