Kontiki Roof Joint (1 Viewer)

Doodlebug

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
I have a swift Kontiki 615 and I have been up on my roof for a look see and notice the joint on the roof is just filled with mastic and was wondering if it should have a cover over the joint.

Does anyone have a similar model and can they tell me if they have a cover over their roof joint or maybe they ae meant to be like it.

I think I have attached a picture to show the joint I mean. It is under the roof bar and above the shadow.

Thanks in advance.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_3415 small.JPG
    IMG_3415 small.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 60

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have a swift Kontiki 615 and I have been up on my roof for a look see and notice the joint on the roof is just filled with mastic and was wondering if it should have a cover over the joint.

Does anyone have a similar model and can they tell me if they have a cover over their roof joint or maybe they ae meant to be like it.

I think I have attached a picture to show the joint I mean. It is under the roof bar and above the shadow.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Doodlebug

All you should see is the sealant joint.
This is important to get this checked yearly on its annual service for water ingress (damp check) .

Regards

Glenn harris Workshop Manager

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Doodlebug

Doodlebug

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Thanks Peter and Glenn, All I can see is sealant so all is OK and I will get it checked at its annual service.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back