Kon Tiki 645, wind noise on passenger side (1 Viewer)

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
Can anyone help please

We picked up our Kon Tiki 645 (08) last week and had our first outing to Whitby this weekend. Fun was had by all!

On the front passenger side I have a loud noise like a blower is on but no draft? It is actually very annoying and I did not seem to find where it was coming from. Thankfully I do not have the draft as well but if anyone has had a similar experience or might know what it could be I would be grateful.
It is as if a cover is missing to silence the noise? But hey I am a girley so what would I know, my moaning drove hubby mad and seeing as we are off the Spain next month we both would love to resolve the problem or it will be a long journey:Doh:

Thanks

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Just a thought, as we used to have noise AND a howling gale coming through both driver and passenger doors. (Fixed it with thick draft excluding tape eventually), but if you have noise but no draft it could just be that door edge is proud of the door frame and causes a bit (lot) of tubulence and the draft is being stopped by the rubber door packing.

Or it could be something else entirely.:Doh:::bigsmile:

Any chance it could be, say, underneath and out of sight?

John

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
wind noise

had the same problem when we got our motorhome it was coming from the wing mirror two little holes where condensation runs filled holes in fixed problem or you could try looking at the sealaround windscreen thats where we thought ours was but it was onlt the mirror:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jg147

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
Thank you for the suggestion I will get hubby to start looking at your suggested areas. I may have to actually pluck up the courage to drive it whilst hubby listens, scary thought but I have to drive it one day:Doh:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I found the top part of the door was not sealing tightly against the door seal, from advise on this site, with the window wound down I gently pulled the top of the door in, jobs a good un.

Nick

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Doors often don't fit fully for one reason or another.

But nothing will ever be as bad as some British Leyland cars of years ago eh Tone. Marina doors - you could see daylight through the gap they were that big. I fully remember winding windows down, knee on the inside panel of the door, and hauling on the top of the door to bring it into line......:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be the gap at the door top is just big enough to make the door rubber vibrate in the wind...like the reed in a wind instrument...but not enough to cause a draft.

as others have suggested....window down and sdit on the seat with and a knee on the door , give the door top a good sharp pull.

our kontiki 640 is just the same but we get a tornado blowing through at speed or in a cross wind.

you get used to it in time. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back