LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Have just driven the van to Lyndon Top campsite - about 2 hours from us - & I am thrilled with the handbrake extender! As a women of short stature (duck’s disease, as my gran used to say - a**e too near the ground!), I found it really difficult to drive our van, & it really knocked my confidence! Thanks to bluesurf989 & his secondhand handbrake extender, I now have no difficulty! I’m so chuffed, & have a new sense of freedom! My husband doesn’t always want to go away in the van, & I have been to nervous to drive it, so there will be no stopping me now! We do not have seat swivels, & I have the seat low down, & it does not stick up above the seat, & is very easy to use! Anyone wondering if it will help, go for it! 😀

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Nice one 👍 I am 6'+ and find the handbrake on our Ducato a similar pain in the a**e. Only think I wondered was do you need to inform your insurance company of the modification to the braking system? In our policy documents it states you must inform them of any modifications. I did so when we put rear air assist on. I am sure someone be along soon with an answer.
Happy travels 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Can you post a picture please?
It’s this one
<Broken link removed>

Paul had to find longer bolts for it, as we have a 2017 Boxer, but I think they now supply both long & short bolts?

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Had to get used to pushing with my thumb whilst lifting, but it was easy to get used to! I’m going to drive us home as well! 😀

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
A minor word of caution. I have the Kobran Extender and couldn't manage without it. Onto our third van now and have made sure to transfer it each time we changed. However, on our way to MOT one year, stopped at traffic lights, handbrake on, lights changed, tried to release handbrake. No luck ! Soon had a long queue of impatient drivers behind us as the lights changed several times without us moving an inch. Luckily, John is a retired engineer and soon identified the problem : one of the bolts had loosened, and the extender had slipped down the shaft and jammed the handbrake somehow. He quickly unbolted the Kobran and we were on our way. We've now added another item to our going away checklist - CHECK KOBRAN BOLTS! I will point out that this is definitely NOT a weakness of the Kobran, just another routine check to be made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yes it has to be bolted up really tight.
When the Kobran first came to the UK I had the chance to become the franchised importer, I think they gave me the first one in the UK. turned it down. What a mistakea to makea!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back